Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I just finished installing a flasher on my third brake light and realized a few things,1st is that it was incredibly easy and 2nd there is no post about this that i could find other than a post a few years back asking about how to do it.

There's 2 Torx (T20-30) screws one on each side.

There's only 2 "things" connected to the Light housing (that cant be opened btw), left connecter is your power (Yellow with Black is + and Black With yellow is -) while the right most is the washer fluid hose. If needed you can unplug the hose by simply pulling it out (its just pressure fitted). The Left connecter has a clip you press in and it detaches pretty easily.

The power connecter has the 2 mentioned lines, again Yellow is + and Black is -. They're wrapped with sticky cloth that can easily be moved back. Stripping these about a half inch is more than enough.

I absolutely recommend marine heat shrink since the cavity the wires come out of are exposed to any water the body is in contact with. Also any module you get you'll want to either water proof it or get one that's already for the same reason. Once you've made your connections the module can get pushed back in and to the side as that green tipped connecter will be going a bit into the cavity. After that a quick test will show it flashing and boom, done.
After Install Video

·
Registered
16' Focus ST
148 Posts
Have a link to the flasher you used?

·
Registered
16' Focus ST
148 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts