Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I hope this is the right place. I have recently purchased a used MK3 2011 Ford Focus. It's the new body style, not the MK2 style. Being the driver about 99% of the time, I have only just noticed a problem with the passenger front door. On the dash where the mileage and odometer show, it will usually show when a door is opened and let you know which one followed by the interior lights coming on and the outside lights under the mirrors come on. On the passenger door, this doesn't happen.

If I open the passenger door, the interior light won't go on, nor will the dash show the door as open, and the light under the mirror remains off. On my old MK1 focus there where a spring switch that controls the door open etc.. I can't find anything like this on the MK3. Everything else works on the rest of the doors apart from this one. The door will still lock as usual, and the windows etc.. still work.

What could the issue be, and where is the switch that tells the car that the door is open? Or is there a fuse that may only be for this door? I can't find any details or pictures on the web for my issue.

I would really appreciate any help I can get. I really don't want to take it to the dealer to diagnose as their shop rates are expensive.

Thanks,

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hi,

I hope this is the right place. I have recently purchased a used MK3 2011 Ford Focus. It's the new body style, not the MK2 style. Being the driver about 99% of the time, I have only just noticed a problem with the passenger front door. On the dash where the mileage and odometer show, it will usually show when a door is opened and let you know which one followed by the interior lights coming on and the outside lights under the mirrors come on. On the passenger door, this doesn't happen.

If I open the passenger door, the interior light won't go on, nor will the dash show the door as open, and the light under the mirror remains off. On my old MK1 focus there where a spring switch that controls the door open etc.. I can't find anything like this on the MK3. Everything else works on the rest of the doors apart from this one. The door will still lock as usual, and the windows etc.. still work.

What could the issue be, and where is the switch that tells the car that the door is open? Or is there a fuse that may only be for this door? I can't find any details or pictures on the web for my issue.

I would really appreciate any help I can get. I really don't want to take it to the dealer to diagnose as their shop rates are expensive.

Thanks,
Welcome to the forum!

I recommend reaching out to Ford UK on Facebook, Twitter, or calling their Customer Relationship Center:

Telephone Number 0845-841-1111 (UK)
One Call - Local Number 020 3564 4444

They'll be able to help with next steps.

Meagan

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Like you said, the older models had a simple plunger-style switch.

Is there an electronic pad on the door frame that might signal the open-close position? If you can find anything like that, try cleaning it...perhaps the sensor is just dirty and can no longer detect when it's open. Other than that, I'd guess a broken wire in the door harness itself, since it's just the passenger side.

Sorry I don't have any real info, just a guess or two.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts