Focus Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
So guys, I don't know did everybody include the GST and the other provincial taxes. Because if you did It seems that I paid a lot more than you.
Focus Titanium Yellow Hachback, 401A, 18" rims, luxury package, Navigation. It was Septermber 2012.
The price with the all "ford" taxes was 27.777 CAD. and 31.937 CAD after GST and the provincial taxes.
34.468 CAD with warranty 6 years 120 000km.

443 CAD per month for the car + 34 for the warranty = 477 CAD per month for 6 years.

·
Registered
92 Posts
How much was your warranty? It seems like you paid a lot for the extended warranty

Did you buy during a promotion? Promos help you save a lot

Ultimately, don't be too fussed about how much other people paid. As long as you were within your budget...and even if you weren't, if you are happy with your purchase, that's all that matters

·
Registered
181 Posts
2013 Ford Focus SE hatchback with:
5spd manual
Equipment package 201A
Luxury package (I wanted the moonroof and didn't mind leather)
Winter pack

Dealer threw in mudflaps, tints, all season mats, and rear cargo tray.
Also underbody coating and rustproofing
5yr/120,000 warranty

$27,700 on the road
Are the mudflaps easy to install?? Do they drill any holes?

·
Registered
15 Posts
How much was your warranty? It seems like you paid a lot for the extended warranty

Did you buy during a promotion? Promos help you save a lot

Ultimately, don't be too fussed about how much other people paid. As long as you were within your budget...and even if you weren't, if you are happy with your purchase, that's all that matters
The warranty 1900 CAD
+ Service fee 199 CAD
+ 85 CAD Wheel lock
+15 CAD recycling taxe for the new tires
==============================
2114 + GST and QST = 2430.58

This was the aditional payment.

And yes that was supposed to be a promotion, during the employee discound promotion period.

I know it is very important to be happy with the car and with the purchase, but if you undertand later that they lied to you it is not that easy to be happy :)

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
2012 Titanium Sedan; 28,000kms. No sun roof, No power seats, No park assist, No navigation , No floor mats, No mud gards. $16,750 plus taxes and outrageous Ford dealer fees. Had to fight for the $250 the dealer was supposed to reduce price for my participation in BC's ScrapIt program for my old beast. All buyers should beware of various fees.. advertised prices have to include some of them but when Ford (or any) dealers are "dealing" they are allowed to quote a price without specifying these ripoff, money-grabbing fees, which they reveal only when you think you have an agreed price.

·
Registered
140 Posts
2012 Titanium Sedan; 28,000kms. No sun roof, No power seats, No park assist, No navigation , No floor mats, No mud gards. $16,750 plus taxes and outrageous Ford dealer fees. Had to fight for the $250 the dealer was supposed to reduce price for my participation in BC's ScrapIt program for my old beast. All buyers should beware of various fees.. advertised prices have to include some of them but when Ford (or any) dealers are "dealing" they are allowed to quote a price without specifying these ripoff, money-grabbing fees, which they reveal only when you think you have an agreed price.
When I negotiated price for my car I made sure to only deal "all in." I didn't discuss the amount unless it included ALL extra fees and made it very clear the prices we were discussing would be the numbers I write down on the cheque. It made it much less confusing and much more satisfying to say "Ok, $25,000 and I'll buy the car right now." And that's exactly what happened.

Obviously it's important to know what the break down of their extra fees and services charges are, but they should be the same regardless of what the negotiations are.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Meadowville was awesome in Missisauga, got my SE hatchback all in for $20,500. Excellent customer service

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yelllow Blaze Hatch

Hello forum members! Just purchased a Yellow Blaze Titanium hatch with 14800 km for $19,888. Loving it so far. It has the vision group, rear parking sensor, rain sensitive wipers, SST and Navigation. The dealer would not budge on the price but give a little on my trade (2005 Aveo LT Hatch)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Platinum White Tri-Coat, SEL, cloth seats and no MFT I paid approx. $24,000 and change after taxes. I have to pay 4.96% financing through RBC though. :(

The 2013s were 0% financing so I'm kind of regretting not going with that though. Not sure if it would have saved me more money in the end but I might've ended up paying for more if I got a 2013 because of the way the packages and features are set up.

·
Registered
156 Posts
'13 Titanium Hatchback, Tuxedo Black, Luxury Package.

$482/month for 60 months, 0%. (13% taxes, freight, etc. included)

·
Registered
24 Posts
wow i feel ripped of compared to all of you, here in lloydmister AB i paid 26.500 for mine off the showroom floor. 2012 hatch se with the sports package. none of those fancy @$$ gadgets to fiddle with

·
Registered
1 Posts
2014 Ford Focus SE Automatic Hatchback
Tuxedo Black
Black Leather with Sunroof
Black Pack
17 Black Paint Wheels
MyFordTouch with Navigation and Sony Package
Winter Package
Free Winter Wheel/Tires with Sensors

Just under $29K, 72 months @ 0%.

·
Registered
24 Posts
We paid 30 grand for ours @3% interest for a 2013 SE sedan with winter package in tuxedo black, had the chance and go approved on a fully loaded truck from ford but decided for now on the focus and that is for 60 months

·
Registered
122 Posts
I purchased a new 2013 in May 2014 with 151 km's paid $ 21525 plus tax.
Sport Titanium with 18" wheels,rustproofing, nav, moonroof etc... Sticker on window read $ 30778 plus tax. Very happy with car so far.[ffrocks]

·
Registered
81 Posts
I paid 26,445$ all in (Including finance) for a 2014 SE PLUS (201A), Black pack,blue candy, and 84/160K Ford warranty.

No ADMIN/BS Dealer fees.

I think I did okay.
Thoughts?

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
I just bought a 2013 Focus Titanium HB, in Van, British Columbia...fully loaded with every option except park assist, 29000km for about 17,600...pretty happy with the price, I negotiated hard... some scratches, paint chips and one 5 star rim is curbed, other then that, it's in brand new condition.

81 - 100 of 103 Posts