Registered
3 Posts
2012 Tuxedo Black SE 5DR
201A equipment group
Automatic transmission
17" machined-alloy rims
winter package
SE sport package

Financing @ $337/mth, total veh price $24,264!

One thing I found disappointing; I was charged $50 for gas, and the car only came with a 1/4 tank!

·
Registered
69 Posts
2012 Tuxedo Black SE 5DR
201A equipment group
Automatic transmission
17" machined-alloy rims
winter package
SE sport package

Financing @ $337/mth, total veh price $24,264!

One thing I found disappointing; I was charged $50 for gas, and the car only came with a 1/4 tank!
Your dealer was a piece of %!^@ in that case... I talked to my dealer about it and he said that they always fill it up before they give it to you... so your dealer just pocketed 35 bucks... pretty cheap lol

·
Registered
107 Posts
Your dealer was a piece of %!^@ in that case... lol
I think that's the rule rather than the exception. You really gotta do your homework, most will live up to their reputation and get you where they can right up until the end. Case in point, my final out the door price, factoring in the valuation of my trade in at Dealership B (where I bought the car), was $6000 cheaper than the "super special best price" of Dealership A.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well all-in-all I was satisfied with the dealership experience, I did speak with my representative and mentioned it to him, and he said I'd get a free tank when I was in next!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Advice please. It seems like most of these purchases are financed.

How much power does a buyer have buying in cash?

I have a relative who works at ford, and have a A plan PIN, but dealers are telling me this doesn't make a difference right now. This says I should wait until they drop the employee pricing.

0% financing ...I'm not that naive. If it is really 0%, then they should give me a discount for cash.

My conundrum: rental returns are now selling, and I see the exact same car with only 20,000 kms for $5,000 less than new. Why buy new when I lose $5000 as I drive off the lot?

·
Registered
69 Posts

I have a relative who works at ford, and have a A plan PIN, but dealers are telling me this doesn't make a difference right now. This says I should wait until they drop the employee pricing.

0% financing ...I'm not that naive. If it is really 0%, then they should give me a discount for cash.

My conundrum: rental returns are now selling, and I see the exact same car with only 20,000 kms for $5,000 less than new. Why buy new when I lose $5000 as I drive off the lot?
because you'll be the only person driving it, who knows how many people/how these people dove the rental.

If the 5k is a big deal for you I guess you can take the chance at the used one, but I wanted to buy a new car [8D]

·
Registered
501 Posts
because you'll be the only person driving it, who knows how many people/how these people dove the rental.

If the 5k is a big deal for you I guess you can take the chance at the used one, but I wanted to buy a new car [8D]
Oh no, 5K is no big deal to me, I often tip $5K at meals.

Exactly what is the chance, the car has a warranty. Sure, its the worst warranty in the business, but any issues for three years are covered.

I've got news for you, any car you buy is taking a chance, but at least a used car you can assess the vehicle before you buy. No one but the dealer knows what exactly happened to a new car between the factory and the buyer.

·
Registered
182 Posts

Mine wasn't financed. When asked if I would get a better deal, I was informed that it didn't make a difference commission wise to them if the car was financed or not.

Employee pricing: 2k more or less in discounts depending on what you buy
0% financing: no discounts but 0% financing

Comes to the same cost wise when you finance with either choice but to me because I wasn't financing, it made more sense to buy during the employee pricing so that I could get the discount.

I could be all wrong about this of course but back then that's what I believed.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I would no expect a better price on the car because one is paying in cash, in fact, the opposite. One of the buying tips I have seen many times is that, if buying cash, not to mention it until having agreed on a price for the car and even letting the salesperson think you will be financing. There is money to be made by Ford Financial and the dealership on financing, whether the salespersons makes commission probably depends on the dealership and I wouldn't expect the salesperson to be honest about it.

Since most people finance their cars, 0% financing is just another incentive, albeit one with a psychological component since people might attribute greater utility to borrowing at 0% rather than saving on the price of the car and then paying interest on their loan.

·
Registered
501 Posts
So the quick answer is that paying cash rules on both fronts.
While the employee discount is one price, the value of my trade-in magically increased $1500 with cash.
However, in the end, I bought a used SEL hatchback with only 18,000KM, and every option except Nav.

The car is 6 months old, and it devalued 30%. The dealer could not sell the car, because of the 0% purchasing right now at Ford, versus the 5% on used vehicles. Right now the average Canadian is so far in consumer debt, people are really only buying with 7 year financing.

0% is a gimmick, the interest may be "zero" but the purchase price is higher.

So the experience is the same as I had in 2003, it really makes sense to buy a used current model year car, not new, the difference is that you let someone else take the 30% haircut. Also, all those options that drive up the price on a new car are only worth a fraction used.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Paid MSRP on a 2012 Focus Electric at Richport Ford, in Richmond, BC. Less $5000.00 BC clean air vehicle rebate, less $4,400.00 rebate from Ford, as I did not take actually delivery of my 2012 until August 20th. (Deposit made May 05.) So, total outlay was about $32,600.00 Cdn.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey guys im looking at getting a 2012 focus, This is the one. Link to Dealer page Now after talking with them a bit they say that they can get it to me for a total of $31,068.24 which breaks down to this $27,268.00 after employee pricing plus $449.00 safety and Sec. Pkg plus $22.50 tire tax, plus $3328.74 tax. now do you guys think i should be able to get this price down?

Oh also here is the
Window Sticker

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just got my 2012 Silver Titanium hatchback with just about every option, 18" rims, handling pachage, no nav, leather, moon roof etc for $24,500 inluding undercoating.... mint car... just hate that new car smell!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Well I just placed an order for a

2012 SE Hatchback
Automatic(1250)
203A package(1150)
Winter package(350)
Extra winter tires and rims(free)

used X-plan(-840), ambassador program(-500), discounts(-4250)

He told me my out the door cost will be $21200 but I haven't seen or signed any paperwork yet.

·
Registered
181 Posts
2012 SE Sedan Automatic Brand New Sonic Blue
200A + Winter Pkg
$18,556.00 Total price including HST and other fees.

·
Registered
92 Posts
2013 Ford Focus SE hatchback with:
5spd manual
Equipment package 201A
Luxury package (I wanted the moonroof and didn't mind leather)
Winter pack

Dealer threw in mudflaps, tints, all season mats, and rear cargo tray.
Also underbody coating and rustproofing
5yr/120,000 warranty

$27,700 on the road

61 - 80 of 104 Posts