Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks, very usefull info as my car will be delivered Wednesday (landed at the Dealer last Friday). I found ESP at 1,440. 6 Years/100,000k, no deduct at FordEsp.ca. I will relook at the Splash Guards as I value your opinion more than the dealer. Will try to find photos.

·
Registered
182 Posts
For some reason the Search option is disabled - looked up the Gallery and found these. I'm sure there are more but my PC is too slow and my patience has run short...lol

Really it is for protection rather than for looks. I've had a car without mud guards and the rear was damaged from road/tire spray. What other "decent" looking options are there? IMO you can't go wrong with the moulded guards.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Hi, I paied for mine a total of 28k before taxes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium Hatchback 401a, Luxury Package, Navigation,parking,17 printed rim, 3 year lease, 411 tax in....is that good deal?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Depends what the buy back is, if down payment is required, interest rate. Are you going to be driving less than 20k a year? A lease is good when you always want a new vehicle every three years but if you plan on buying the car in the end, you usually end up paying way more for the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Depends what the buy back is, if down payment is required, interest rate. Are you going to be driving less than 20k a year? A lease is good when you always want a new vehicle every three years but if you plan on buying the car in the end, you usually end up paying way more for the car.

i am gonna return it.0 downpay,3years,20k a year,411 tax in

·
Registered
182 Posts
i am gonna return it.0 downpay,3years,20k a year,411 tax in
With a lease, you can expect to make little or no down payment and make lower monthly payments.

Granted, your monthly payment is less each month if you lease, but at the end of the lease period, you don’t own the car.

If you want to continue driving the same car, you must purchase it from the leasing company for its current market value (that's where it'll cost you more).

At the end of the lease period, you may be charged for kilometres you drove in excess of the maximum specified in your lease.

You also may (I should say will) be charged for excess wear and tear and dings on the car (unless you purchase the insurance for regular wear and tear).

Leasing a car may save you money, if you tend to trade cars every few years, and you don’t drive more than 20,000 a year.

Leasing also is useful to those who have little money for a down payment and for those who desire a lower monthly payment than would be possible with straight financing of a purchased auto.

It's impossible to say if you got a good deal or not without having all the information of your lease agreement. You are or will be making lower monthly payments by leasing compared to someone who's purchased, however in the end, you have nothing for the 15,000$ that you've put in the car.

If having a new car every three years and always making car payments is something that you plan on doing, then I do believe that this may very well be the way to go (if there's no excess wear and tear and you don't go over the alloted kms) as you will be making smaller monthly payments.

If you got the car already, Congrats! I love my foci :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
With a lease, you can expect to make little or no down payment and make lower monthly payments.

Granted, your monthly payment is less each month if you lease, but at the end of the lease period, you don’t own the car.

If you want to continue driving the same car, you must purchase it from the leasing company for its current market value (that's where it'll cost you more).

At the end of the lease period, you may be charged for kilometres you drove in excess of the maximum specified in your lease.

You also may (I should say will) be charged for excess wear and tear and dings on the car (unless you purchase the insurance for regular wear and tear).

Leasing a car may save you money, if you tend to trade cars every few years, and you don’t drive more than 20,000 a year.

Leasing also is useful to those who have little money for a down payment and for those who desire a lower monthly payment than would be possible with straight financing of a purchased auto.

It's impossible to say if you got a good deal or not without having all the information of your lease agreement. You are or will be making lower monthly payments by leasing compared to someone who's purchased, however in the end, you have nothing for the 15,000$ that you've put in the car.

If having a new car every three years and always making car payments is something that you plan on doing, then I do believe that this may very well be the way to go (if there's no excess wear and tear and you don't go over the alloted kms) as you will be making smaller monthly payments.

If you got the car already, Congrats! I love my foci :)
thx man~~my car coming in nov 11 ~

·
Registered
1 Posts
Paid $22,000 including taxes and 6yrs/100k, life time oil change
for 2012 Focus SE Hatchback Manual, 1.99% rate on 60 months financing for payment of $420/month

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't know how much this will help anyone, but I found a 2012 Focus Titanium sedan on eBay in New Jersey. It had 1521 miles on it, as well as:

Titanium Premium Package 401A (Leather seats, reverse sensing, auto-dimming rearview mirror)
Winter Package (heated front seats & outside mirrors)
Navigation

I haven't picked it up yet, but it's going to cost me US $20,269 ($20K + $269 in dealer fees). In addition, it'll cost me CDN $220 (Registry of Imported Vehicles fee) + 13% tax on the $20,269 amount (converted to CDN $) when I bring it in (5% at the border and 8% when I license it) to Canada.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is my first post!!!!
There got that out of the way

So to ad to the group I picked up a 2012 Focus SE with the sports package for $23,500

·
Registered
399 Posts
2012 Focus SE 5 spd manual, w/sport package, tuxedo black, winter package, 203A, 17" painted/machined wheels, tuscany leather for $23,500 minus 2,000 allowance minus 750 safety credit for $20,750 incl delivery plus taxes/fees.

On average, it looks like dealer cost is 1500-1700 less than MSRP for decently optioned SEs and SELs. Not a huge markup but certainly no reason why you should have to pay full sticker price. I never looked into Titaniums but I imagine there's a higher profit margin on them.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Highbury Ford. I had actually locked in a slightly higher trade in value elsewhere, but the guys at Highbury which much nicer and straightforward to deal with.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks! I'm heading out sometime this week to take a look at get some prices. I'll be sure to stop by Highbury Ford before any of the other dealerships.

·
Registered
102 Posts
paid 22,000 for my Focus Titainuim.

Traded in my 2006 SS S/C cobalt with 39,500km's on it. for 13,195 for the cobalt. Owned it since new and te sales people knew how it was driven so they were willing to pay it. lol

·
Registered
113 Posts
Paid $21,799 with 0 trade and 0 down for my 2012 SEL, MFT & Leather Seats
MSRP was $25,899

$2500 dealer incentive
$750 winter promo discount
$250 online coupon discount
$500 loyalty discount (had my last 3 vehicles from the same dealership)
$100 referral discount (got one of my co-worker to lease a truck from them)
---------
$4100 total discount

21 - 40 of 103 Posts