Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know people have talked about putting an ST fascia on their standard FoFo, but has anyone thought of putting the fascia from a focus electric on the standard focus?

It would delete the fog lights, but I think it would add some serious Aston flair

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
I know people have talked about putting an ST fascia on their standard FoFo, but has anyone thought of putting the fascia from a focus electric on the standard focus?
Interesting point! I hope the fitment would be the same where the Ford logo sits. It could be a lot of work and you'd probably have to open it up due to the grille shutters/radiator being there... but I love the concept!

...does anyone on this site have a Focus Electric yet?

...does anyone anywhere have a Focus Electric yet?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I like that idea, it's different! As for anyone owning an electric Focus, I've seen one being test driven with a dealer plate on it just last week... I was glad to finally see one on the road, and also liked the electrical sound it gave off lol

·
Registered
763 Posts
I like the sporty flair of the look of my car. That front end takes all of that away with out the same luxosport look of the new Fusion Titanium

·
Registered
239 Posts
There's a couple guys on here with the electric. Does anyone know if it comes in the same colors? Not that you couldn't paint it, just curious.

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
Some same colors, but there's at least one Electric-only option.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Not my cup-o-tea... eewww.. Love the new Fusion, but also love the Standard FF Nose [thumb][thumb][thumb] Don't even like the ST nose.

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
Ha, it was foreseen of people wanting to do bumper cover swaps when the design of the Electric first debuted. It's definitely a clean bumper and I bet with the right application, could look pretty sinister.

·
Strichmädchen & Koks
3,113 Posts
Remember, the Focus electric parts aren't designed to fit in front of a gasoline engine...there may not be proper air flow for both the radiator and air intake.

·
Focus Addict
14,131 Posts
Remember, the Focus electric parts aren't designed to fit in front of a gasoline engine...there may not be proper air flow for both the radiator and air intake.
Yeah there is pretty much no air flow at all on the F.E. but the Gas Foci need their air to be directed into the active grille shutters/ and radiator/ condenser/ etc, so the ST fascia is a better choice from that stand point without hacking up the grille of the electric to mimic the openings on the ST or even the base Focus grille.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I finally saw one of these on my drive home from work. He was behind me so I only saw it thru my rear view mirriors. It was the same color as the image from the OP. I actually really like the look front bumper now. That and it had the xenon headlamps, really makes for a classy looking focus!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts