Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

new on here so don't know if i'm in the right bit or not but,

I was just wondering really if any one else finds there Mk3 focus comfortable? Mine seems to kill my back long or short journeys! Even with the lumbar support it just don't seem to help at all. Starting to really not enjoy this car anymore!

Maybe i'm just getting old!

Cheers guys

·
Registered
486 Posts
Pretty comfortable here too. My wife commented how she wants to take trips in the focus as apposed to her Mazda3 due to how comfortable the passenger seat is.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Give it a while to mould to your shape. Mine was uncomfy at first but I now drive 5-6 hours a day regularly and its perfect

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah true i suppose, i have had it for just over a year though, should have molded by now shouldn't it.

thanks though, fingers crossed it gets better

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh fair enough it might be the case, i have put a lot of miles on it since I've had it got it with 12,500 its now just gone over to 29, suppose I will just have to see how it goes.

Ebay might sell new backs right!?

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Horrible back here as in surgery candidate. Love love love my seat.

·
Registered
486 Posts
oh fair enough it might be the case, i have put a lot of miles on it since I've had it got it with 12,500 its now just gone over to 29, suppose I will just have to see how it goes.

Ebay might sell new backs right!?

Yes, eBay sells new backs. Just search for "new back" in human body parts sub section of Home and Garden.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Have you checked your driving position. Small gap under back of leg when clutch fully down. Wrist on top of steering wheel when arm straight. Back rest <30 degs. Seat as high as you can use it etc. Small adjustments can make a big difference

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah i just adjusted my seat and all that on my lunch break, so i will have to see how it goes on the way home fingers crossed I've got it in a better position. Not moved the steering wheel though will have to try that one!

thanks for the advice mate i appreciate it

·
Registered
136 Posts
Took me ages to get it right and the steering in a position that was comfy on long trips but in which I can still see the dials and guages

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah that's it i had it in a good positions before but couldn't properly see dials, so had to change it, but never been properly comfortable in the car always fidgeting

·
Registered
115 Posts
I don't love my driver's seat, but it's the lack of thigh support that concerns me. No one else finds the seat a bit too short and flat? (Mine's a '13 SE with leather)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Totally agree with you c5karl, I don't think there is any support in any part of the chair! I'm not after a bucket seat but a little bit of padding on the sides and that wouldn't go a miss. Mine is a titanium x with half leather I wouldn't say it's at titanium x standards!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine was uncomfortable at first but seems to have broken in now after 18,000 miles and almost a year of ownership. I have the 6 way power leather seat. My only remaining gripe with the seat is the lack of tilt in the seat bottom.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The seats are pretty awful on long trips. The side bolsters especially, always cuts circulation in my right leg.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts