Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Can anyone with a 5 speed share their experience with improvements from a tune? I'm ready to pull the trigger and am looking for the following:

1. Better throttle response, especially off idle and with the AC running (gas pedal fights back to keep rpms from revving off idle)
2. Higher idle speed
3. Remove dead spot between 25-3k rpm if possible

I have no engine mods, but might do a higher flowing air filter or RS filter box cover if it would yield any improvements other than sound. Are these realistic expectations?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey everyone I'm writing this post at the permission of the OP, mods if this is against the community guidelines please remove.

First off I wanna say Tom is amazing, not just his support but his talent to bring new life to our Foci. Purchased his tune about 2 years ago and he just about fixed every issue I had with my car and gave me a nice little boost in performance and efficiency as a result.

Now the reason for this post is because I am selling my SCT X4. Long story short I was in an accident and my Focus was deemed totalled. The device was sent back to SCT to unmarry and factory reset. I am letting this go for $250 and you can but just the tune from Tom. Please DM me of you have any questions and I can provided photos as well.
sent you a pm!

·
FF Affiliate
30,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Can anyone with a 5 speed share their experience with improvements from a tune? I'm ready to pull the trigger and am looking for the following:

1. Better throttle response, especially off idle and with the AC running (gas pedal fights back to keep rpms from revving off idle)
2. Higher idle speed
3. Remove dead spot between 25-3k rpm if possible

I have no engine mods, but might do a higher flowing air filter or RS filter box cover if it would yield any improvements other than sound. Are these realistic expectations?
I can help with your Tuning , there is hundreds of reviews going back 2 decades of my Tuning the Focus , You will see better throttle response , I can raise your idle to what you want , should be able to remove any dead spots or find out why its there and give feed back to what might be causing it and much much more , better over all daily driveability , better performance even stock , most say better MPG etc etc

Tom

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thanks, can't wait for my SCT X4 to show up. Not many stock manual transmission mk3s running around with a tune. After its all said and done, I'll be sure to create a post with my thoughts on how it all works out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone been able to dino test their car before and after the tune?
As most of you here I’m in search of more power out of my 2014 Ford focus SE and I’m weighing out my options. Turbo kit it’s a lot of money but you can just as easily spend that overtime on all the miscellaneous bits and pieces and still not have what you are ultimately after.
So what was your biggest bang for buck ?

·
FF Affiliate
30,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
No 2 Focu are the same so your results will differ from anyone that post dynos , shops will only show the BEST and not actual results from over all Foci

I offer a great Custom Tune with free Tune updates as you add more NA mods , I will get you all the safe reliable HP/TQ you Focus has to offer as well as better daily driveability , better MPG and I can also Tune your Auto Trans if you dont have a 5 speed

Tom

·
Registered
17 Posts
I know this question probably has been asked a million times but is there an eta on the 2018 Focus tuning? Did the 2017 and 2018 use different ECUs and that's whats stopping it? I would really like to know before getting a intake and exhaust. Thanks!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts