Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
FF Affiliate
30,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been getting a good bit of PM asking about my Tuning so I thought I would post here

I sell the SCT X4 Flasher , Full Custom Tune for 5speed and DCT , Free unlimited Lifetime Tune updates as you add more NA mods , Datalogging , US shipped for 462.00

I have a great Custom Tune for the DCT and can drastically help the shutter or cure it and much more

Engine Tune you will see better over all daily driveability , better performance , most say better MPG

Let me know if you have any questions

Tom

·
Registered
76 Posts
What kind of nore personal choice options can you do for lack of a better term. I've read where youve tweaked the shutters and idle to user specific settings just wondering little personal options like that. And can you do little things like killing the headlight dip to run LED's (i know not a performance option but I'm sure I'm not alone in not wanting to be messing with the software of the car myself)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
FF Affiliate
30,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not everything goes through the PCM , the headlights do not so no way to adjust them

Just make a list of what you would like adjusted and I will adjust the ones I can

Tom

·
Registered
10 Posts
jaymz9350 Ya I thought I was alone with he headlight thing. I assumed my focus was just made with a glitch or something lol Would the Escape or another switch work to run the leds and fogs? of course I could just run a separate switch but theres nothing like oem

·
Registered
76 Posts
jaymz9350 Ya I thought I was alone with he headlight thing. I assumed my focus was just made with a glitch or something lol Would the Escape or another switch work to run the leds and fogs? of course I could just run a separate switch but theres nothing like oem
I believe you can use forscan to fix the issue you just need an OBD2 device that supports it. Haven't messed with it as I'm not buying LED lights until I get new headlight housings.

It's an issue with the computer not seeing enough power draw so a switch won't help. There is a way with resistors I believe as well but I don't want to go that route if I can avoid it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
FF Affiliate
30,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you tune for emissions with catless headers? And how are the headers you are building coming along?
Yes I can , I made a mock up ( not fully welded ) did the math at what its going to cost and people are not going to pay 800-900.00 for a header

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
30,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dont know 100% havent finished it and tested it , just dont feel people will pay for a Custom Header

Tom

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have been getting a good bit of PM asking about my Tuning so I thought I would post here

I sell the SCT X4 Flasher , Full Custom Tune for 5speed and DCT , Free unlimited Lifetime Tune updates as you add more NA mods , Datalogging , US shipped for 462.00

I have a great Custom Tune for the DCT and can drastically help the shutter or cure it and much more

Engine Tune you will see better over all daily driveability , better performance , most say better MPG

Let me know if you have any questions

Tom
Tom, would you be able to give some of the 2017-2018 model year owners an ETA on how long it will be until we have a custom tune for the cars?

·
Registered
11 Posts
What difference can be expected in the higher RPM ranges? Mostly used for aggressive daily driving and Autocross so I live at 3500rpm or higher

·
FF Affiliate
30,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What difference can be expected in the higher RPM ranges? Mostly used for aggressive daily driving and Autocross so I live at 3500rpm or higher
Safer engine , more performance , free Tune updates as you add more NA mods

Tom

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey everyone I'm writing this post at the permission of the OP, mods if this is against the community guidelines please remove.

First off I wanna say Tom is amazing, not just his support but his talent to bring new life to our Foci. Purchased his tune about 2 years ago and he just about fixed every issue I had with my car and gave me a nice little boost in performance and efficiency as a result.

Now the reason for this post is because I am selling my SCT X4. Long story short I was in an accident and my Focus was deemed totalled. The device was sent back to SCT to unmarry and factory reset. I am letting this go for $250 and you can but just the tune from Tom. Please DM me of you have any questions and I can provided photos as well.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Will the tune address the stumble off idle in the 5 speed cars, and does it require high octane gas? The low rpm bucking and hesitation to throttle input (below 3k rpm) drives me bonkers. I had been running 89 octane for the past 4 months and began noticing a drop in mpg so switched back to 87 and mileage went back up to normal, 34-35mpg mixed driving, no difference in power. Only 41k miles on the car, throttle body is spotless, new oem Motorcraft air filter.

·
FF Affiliate
30,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I cant say I can cure it but with datalogging we should be able to change it in the tune or tell you why its doing it so you can change the part , thats one of the nice things about the Flasher I sell is it datalogs and can read and clear the CEL and I will spend the time to help with issues like this that in most cases are not Tune related

Tom

1 - 20 of 31 Posts