Focus Fanatics Forum banner

121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
I hope you don't mind if I steal this, I love the way the blue faces look. I wish there was more blue lighting.
Okay, got my gauge face in .... finally. Nothing like trying to do work on the interior on a hot day in a parking lot with no shade.

My gauges don't stand out so much as some of the other designs I suppose as I went a more subtle route. I wanted something a bit different than stock, but something that also had an OEM look to it. I went with pearl sapphire blue, style #2 and had the Focus logo added to the tach. I originally wanted the Focus letters larger and lower, just above the pointer, but they said it would block the warning lights so they moved it up higher.

Never really noticed how cluttered the stock speedo gauge looked until compared with the Black cat one:

·
Registered
822 Posts
I hope you don't mind if I steal this, I love the way the blue faces look. I wish there was more blue lighting.
Blue lighting? I think they can make the numerals and hash marks blue instead of white. The bulbs themselves are white and soldered to the board. However I used to use nail polish to paint some of my white bulbs in my cars I owned years ago red. The polish could take the heat and I never had a problem with it burning or wearing off. Perhaps there is a way to paint the led bulbs with a blue tint polish? would have to be careful though to apply very little as the leds are much smaller than the old type dash bulbs.

As far as stealing, the gauge faces are one of their stock designs. I just had them add the little "Focus" logo which I didn't design in the 1st place. Would've looked better lower or even on the bottom instead of the top, but the headlights on indicator is on the bottom.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Here's what my gauges look like at dusk and at night. This is with the stock bulbs. Note that the lighted numbers are a little fuzzy like they may appear in the photos. That's just the camera. The numbers are clear.

At dusk

And at night:

If you decide to purchase the gauge dials, I suggest before you remove the OEM gauge dials that you first take some pictures of them: 1) With the car shut off and sitting with the doors closed for at least a minute. Why? I noticed that after you shut the car off the dials after 30 secs or so will sometimes not be at rest position when you first shut off the car. Then the needles on the speedometer and tachometer will drop to the rest position. 2) With the engine running, get the engine up to operating temperature . So you can take a picture of where the needle sits at idle so you get a clear picture of where the RPM's are at.

It can be a bit of a trick to get the gauge needles back to exactly where the original ones were. The gas gauge pointer was always a bit inaccurate right from the factory. Not just my Focus personally, but others have commented the same. For instance, the gas needle might be on the 1/2 mark so you put 6 gallons in (the tank is 12.4 gallons) and then when you start the car, the needle shoots up past the FULL mark and stays there for a bit until you drive 10 miles or so.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does anybody no if a new gauge cluster would require PATS Programming ? or any additional programming or would it be plug in and play.
Thanks

121 - 130 of 130 Posts