Focus Fanatics Forum banner

101 - 120 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I figure this is probably a long shot but, can anyone confirm that the SMD LEDs used through out the interior lights including the console are 1206 series ? I emailed blackcat but I havent gotten a response yet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I figure this is probably a long shot but, can anyone confirm that the SMD LEDs used through out the interior lights including the console are 1206 series ? I emailed blackcat but I havent gotten a response yet.
Just got an email back from them and thry are 1206 SMD LEDs just encase anyone wanted to know. Ill be doing an led conversion as soon as I order a bunch of these then ill post up a how to

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Just got an email back from them and thry are 1206 SMD LEDs just encase anyone wanted to know. Ill be doing an led conversion as soon as I order a bunch of these then ill post up a how to
That would be pretty cool. Definitely interested.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Getting ready to get a set of these, but my question is where can I find a set of ST needles, and how much do they run?

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
I would start a thread in the Village Ford section of the vendor area. They usually have the best OEM pricing. Ebay would be another possible option.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Okay, got my gauge face in .... finally. Nothing like trying to do work on the interior on a hot day in a parking lot with no shade.

My gauges don't stand out so much as some of the other designs I suppose as I went a more subtle route. I wanted something a bit different than stock, but something that also had an OEM look to it. I went with pearl sapphire blue, style #2 and had the Focus logo added to the tach. I originally wanted the Focus letters larger and lower, just above the pointer, but they said it would block the warning lights so they moved it up higher.

Never really noticed how cluttered the stock speedo gauge looked until compared with the Black cat one:

Where you get those?

·
Registered
822 Posts
My pictures of my Sapphire blue gauge faces doesn't do them justice. In the sunlight when the sunlight is hitting directly on them, they actually have a slight metallic sparkle to them. I will try to get a picture when I can in the sunlight. I actually wanted the Focus logo lower more towards the center, but they said it would be over the idiot lights when/if they illuminated. In retrospect, don't think it would have been a big deal as the idiot lights would shine through the logo anyways if it was lower. I had thought instead of putting the Focus logo in between the fuel and temp gauges, but then it would have to have been a bit smaller to fit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a bear of a time getting needles adjusted. Some of my observations:
--I was using the Torque app with Bluetooth OBD2 adapter to check RPM, fuel level and speed. That worked great.
--The cruise control speed on the small screen was also very helpful.
--For the longest time, every time I turned engine off, the needle jump to rest position was totally unpredictable. Sometimes left, sometimes right, sometimes none at all. What eventually helped was that I started untightening the needle (counter-clockwise turn). Apparently I had pushed them down to hard. Doing this I found a sweet spot where the rest jump was repeatable.
--I seemed to have a lot more luck when I adjusted the needles in the rest position, rather than while ignition was on.

Thanks for the great thread. Very helpful.

·
Registered
148 Posts
--I seemed to have a lot more luck when I adjusted the needles in the rest position, rather than while ignition was on.
I started noticing that every single time I thought I was finished, then my mph would be off by 5, was a [rant] but I finished. Got it close enough for me. Black guages, blue lighting, red accent

Attachments

101 - 120 of 130 Posts