Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
If we contacted Black cat customs, could we ask them to reference to your gauges?

Only reason I can is they do like awesome and I wouldn't mind them as they are for myself :)

Regards,
Vince

·
I WILL correct you.
5,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
If we contacted Black cat customs, could we ask them to reference to your gauges?

Only reason I can is they do like awesome and I wouldn't mind them as they are for myself :)

Regards,
Vince
Yeah, I don't see why not. Tell him "the gauges you did for Justin." I'm sure he has the template saved somewhere. [thumb]

·
I WILL correct you.
5,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Awesome :) thankyou guys. Just wanted to make sure you've not copyrighted them LOL

Regards,
Vince
Nope. We just wanted to bring what we've done to the rest of the Focus community to let them know what's been done and what's available to them too.

Glad that you like it Vince! Can't wait to see what you've got planned.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I want a set!!.....Just not sure if I want to take apart the instrument cluster myself....Maybe ill get brave in a few months. If anyone does this around WI let me know!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Did you use or get a discount code, I notice they have a place for one. Maybe we should try a GB for the rest of us?

·
Registered
976 Posts
This is what I want:
Metal Flake Finish 15.00 15.00
Color Upgrade, Pearl Blue 15.00 15.00
2013 Ford Focus ST Gauge Face mph, White Face, Blue Lighting 89.00

·
I WILL correct you.
5,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Did you use or get a discount code, I notice they have a place for one. Maybe we should try a GB for the rest of us?
No. My discount was being the first to try these, a review and write-up here, and promotion at FocusFest13.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Can you use the St ones with a basic focus?
Not sure. The mph/kms scale are different as well as the top speed being indicated higher on the ST gauge. So I'm pretty sure if you put the ST gauges on a regular Focus, the speedometer needle would be in the wrong position to the actual speed you are going. However I notice on their site that they offer the gauges in 140 mph and 160 mph styles. So maybe it's just a matter of re-positioning the needle?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Finally. Pics uploaded.

I should mention that I'm a pretty bold guy, hence the bold gauge faces. Al at Black Cat Customs can do a multitude of colors, like you see above with Duane's.

Both are my design, except Duane is a color Nazi and all "kill all the color things" and went conservative. Both look good, but it goes to show you what can be done.
I want a set of these. One question...previous cars I've done this on...I had to tap into a fuse to light them up. These simply replace the original and use the stock backlight...correct?

·
I WILL correct you.
5,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I want a set of these. One question...previous cars I've done this on...I had to tap into a fuse to light them up. These simply replace the original and use the stock backlight...correct?
Nope, nothing additional required other than the steps I have shown. Simply replace the faces. [thumb]

·
Registered
822 Posts
I really want a set of these now. I like the light blue, but because of the light blue needles, wondering how well they contrast. I found a video on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNc2bvwcQFc

A couple good points that they bring up is to 1) take a picture or a sketch to see where the position of the gas gauge needle is (you won't be able to mark the edge for the position like the tach or speedometer gauge), and 2) don't shove the needles down all the way because then they will scrape the gauge face.

One thing I really like about the gauges is the way the speedometer only shows the MPH and not the km's (or vice versa for the Canadian folks). Makes the speedometer much cleaner and legible to only have one set of speed markings.

UPDATE: Okay, just ordered me a set of design#2 in Pearl Sapphire Blue.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I really want a set of these now. I like the light blue, but because of the light blue needles, wondering how well they contrast. I found a video on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNc2bvwcQFc

A couple good points that they bring up is to 1) take a picture or a sketch to see where the position of the gas gauge needle is (you won't be able to mark the edge for the position like the tach or speedometer gauge), and 2) don't shove the needles down all the way because then they will scrape the gauge face.

One thing I really like about the gauges is the way the speedometer only shows the MPH and not the km's (or vice versa for the Canadian folks). Makes the speedometer much cleaner and legible to only have one set of speed markings.

UPDATE: Okay, just ordered me a set of design#2 in Pearl Sapphire Blue.
can they be had w/ ONLY mph or kph? i'd like both actually as i drive in both countries and while i can do the conversions in my head on the fly, it's nice to just look down and not think.. thnx.

·
I WILL correct you.
5,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
can they be had w/ ONLY mph or kph? i'd like both actually as i drive in both countries and while i can do the conversions in my head on the fly, it's nice to just look down and not think.. thnx.
Call them and discuss with them what you would like. They also do customized work.

41 - 60 of 130 Posts