Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just had my 3rd replacement clutch installed. (This IS the one they said) in 36k miles. They also needed to replace the r/s drive axle due to a bearing whine. I'm an adult (60) and drive predominantly hiway. They reprogrammed the TCU again. Driving now with the cruise on gets shudders and jerks when going down hills or even slight declines. Well, that was the straw that broke the camels back, so to speak. The dealer "allowed" me, according to them, $9500 trade value. They had an extremely low mileage 2013 ST on the lot, so I pulled the trigger. Even they said that they are having trouble selling them after trades. 5 speed cars go in about a month, DCT's take months if not longer they said. BTW, this dealer does all the work on our towns Fire Dept light vehicles (Ford) so I know them, they know me.
Thank you to all on this forum for your help and insight. I will be moving to the ST forum, but will still be a "Fanatic". Dealer said they would be "wholesaling" this car. That's insane that a dealer would wholesale a 3 year old car with 36K miles on it. Thank G-d here in NJ we have the "Lemon Law". Even though I traded, Attorney said you'll get paid because you "had" to trade.

·
Focus Preacher
3,408 Posts
Good choice on the ST... I like mine as well [thumb]

ST MPG are close to the MK3 if you don't spool the turbo [grinking]

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I liked the Titanium, but the trans issues were too much. This ST has the ST3 pkg. The leather Recaro seats are the *****. I was averaging 35-36 mpg with the MK3. Oh well.

·
Registered
150 Posts
... Thank G-d here in NJ we have the "Lemon Law". Even though I traded, Attorney said you'll get paid because you "had" to trade.
This doesn't make sense, how would the lemon law cover a car you traded in?

Just saying, if the attorney is pro bono (a friend giving advice) or willing to work on a contingency basis, great. If the attorney is seeking payment up front (you pay win or lose), be skeptical...

And I know you already bought another car, but just wanted to say that the Mazda 3 is a nice alternative to the Focus. I've parked my '12 Focus SE next to a neighbor with a '12 Mazda3, very very similar looking (interior / exterior). One either copied the other, or they had the same designer. And I've never heard complaints about Mazda3 automatic transmissions...

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
The Focus' transmission is NOT an "automatic"....grrrrr. [boxface]

It is a dual clutch MANUAL transmission that is shifted automatically, or not, by computer software, what could possibly go wrong.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a New Focus build date of 06/16 with DCT
Is there a cut off date during production that the New clutch and Brown seals where installed?

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Moved to the MkIII Problems section, latest answers on the DCT are found here to help out the latest poster to the thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts