Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch is beginning to slip and I'm looking into my options. I am pretty dead set on the exedy clutch (link below), but I am also interested in the lightweight flywheel SPEC offers. My questions are:

1. Will the Exedy OEM replacement clutch kit fit with the SPEC lightweight flywheel?

2. Is anyone running this combination and has input on how they like it?

3. Is there any lightweight flywheel options out there other than the the SPEC?

Exedy Clutch : https://shop.exedyusa.com/exedy-oem/exedy-oem-replacement-clutch-kit/fmk1033/i-2295575.aspx

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Moved to the Duratec TiVCT Performance section, where there are existing clutch threads for research.

Mix & match brands for upgraded parts doesn't always work, not all clutches work without their corresponding flywheel.

For a quick double check, does the SPEC clutch require use of their lightweight flywheel? If so, the wheel isn't compatible with a stock bolt in clutch.

·
Registered
490 Posts
The 5 speed clutch options are all fairly new to the market. I remember about 4 months ago looking and all that was to be had was a stock replacement. There may not be many out there running anything other than OEM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think when the time comes I am just going to stick to the stock DMF. Partially for the cheaper cost. But also because I drive the car pretty hard at some of the time and I have read that the DMF will be better for the longevity of the trans and engine because the added weight will help absorb vibrations. Not sure how valid this is, After doing some research I think the SPEC SMF will work with a stock Clutch but I'm not 100%. I'll do more research.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts