Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Looking at purchasing something in Spring 2015 and trying to narrow down my decision now that I see the possibility of an ST slipping out of my fingers.

I would be looking at getting a 2015 or low mileage 2014. In that order depending on funds at time of purchase. SE manual with moon roof and fog lights. I could care less about any other options.

One big question I have is trail braking. I know the ST allows this. Does the SE allow this? If it does not can a tune allow this? I auto-cross and use trail breaking during sprinted driving on the twisty back roads.

Baby seat. I know some seats are questionable on fitting in the back seat of the ST. Am I correct in thinking the SE and ST are identical for passenger space?

I asked this question before but here it is again.
I know the ST suspension cannot just be swapped like the MK1 SVT to ZX3/5 could. What is available that would be like the old SVT swap?

That's all I can think of for now.

Thank you in advance.

·
__________/\__
2,183 Posts
Guys,

Looking at purchasing something in Spring 2015 and trying to narrow down my decision now that I see the possibility of an ST slipping out of my fingers.

I would be looking at getting a 2015 or low mileage 2014. In that order depending on funds at time of purchase. SE manual with moon roof and fog lights. I could care less about any other options.

One big question I have is trail braking. I know the ST allows this. Does the SE allow this? If it does not can a tune allow this? I auto-cross and use trail breaking during sprinted driving on the twisty back roads.

Baby seat. I know some seats are questionable on fitting in the back seat of the ST. Am I correct in thinking the SE and ST are identical for passenger space?

I asked this question before but here it is again.
I know the ST suspension cannot just be swapped like the MK1 SVT to ZX3/5 could. What is available that would be like the old SVT swap?

That's all I can think of for now.

Thank you in advance.
You know your stuff so I am sure you already know the MK3 has torque vectoring control that uses the braking system to imitate the effect of a limited-slip differential.

The 2015 MY will be a late release this time in January so you won't get as much discount off Monroney. Grabbing a remaining 2014 from dealer inventory new with all the incentives and buying at the end of the month will net you the best deal.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you.

So the '15s, both SE and ST are being released in January. Looks like manufacturers are moving to actually releasing models in there correct years and not 5-6 months early. I have been waiting on word for some other '15 hatches and they are also not released yet.

I am kind of waiting for the '15.
Not for the styling but mainly for the updated steering and suspension.
I hear the SE and ST are both getting the upgrade tweeks. I hope they do more than just look good on paper.

15 MY??? My Ford Touch or something else. The cars today are coming with too many computer gadgets. Give me my ST with cable driven gauges and an AM/FM radio.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Thank you.

So the '15s, both SE and ST are being released in January. Looks like manufacturers are moving to actually releasing models in there correct years and not 5-6 months early. I have been waiting on word for some other '15 hatches and they are also not released yet.

I am kind of waiting for the '15.
Not for the styling but mainly for the updated steering and suspension.
I hear the SE and ST are both getting the upgrade tweeks. I hope they do more than just look good on paper.

15 MY??? My Ford Touch or something else. The cars today are coming with too many computer gadgets. Give me my ST with cable driven gauges and an AM/FM radio.
Nah, needs more electronics! January huh, why is Ford promoting the 2015 Focus on TV now? Seems like a waste. I have seen that commercial with that black Focus and the lightbulbs a million times and you cant even get one!!

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Next month I am trading in my 2012 Se sport package, will have about 13K miles on it. Manual tranny. Yellow Blaze.
The op is way too far away to get it, instead of my trading it in anyway. plus it would be sold in November not next spring..

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
This is the stereo in the base ST. You may find it to your liking:

Seriously, the ST has *many* "electronic driving aids" in addition to the electronics in the cockpit.

If you don't like CPU assisted driving, clearly you should look elsewhere.

·
Registered
800 Posts

Seriously, the ST has *many* "electronic driving aids" in addition to the electronics in the cockpit.

OOOHHH....... AM/FM AND Quadrasonic tape player!!! Now I'm Jealous. And all I bought was a stupid electric Focus, what was I thinking???[slap]

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Wat? [???:)]
Sorry, i am not trying to advertise.. I have a ST on order and it should be arriving in early November.
I am trading my car in. even though I love my SE.. I just feel I want the 250 hp on tap in the St, plus the Recaros.
My current Yellow Blaze will turn into a Tangerine Scream ST.

One plus with still liking my car if they give me any guff on the deal I can walk away still happy as I do love my SE. [cheers]

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Next month I am trading in my 2012 Se sport package, will have about 13K miles on it. Manual tranny. Yellow Blaze.
The op is way too far away to get it, instead of my trading it in anyway. plus it would be sold in November not next spring..
I'm not a huge yellow fan. Sure I drove the ex-gf 03 Yellow 2.3L but that was about it.

I had that radio (minus Tape Player) in one of my older Fords.

I don't mind the CPU driving aids. It's all the internal Black-Box type stuff inside the car I can do without.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Quadrasonic!!! that sounded better than the POS Shaker Stereo in my 14' Stang.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts