Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm an idiot... Kinda.

I decided my first mod was gonna be adding a rear sway bar to my SE coupe. So I ordered a Steeda kit, it got here in like a day! Dang! I haven't been able to do anything with it cause of all the rain until today. So I go out there to evaluate the location and... !!!... There's already a sway bar under there?!

Ok, I swear I looked a couple of weeks ago and there wasn't, maybe I was tired, maybe I'm from a parallel universe where there was no sway bar... I don't know! But being its a MK2 SE Coupe, I had no doubt I needed one, and there it is- looks stock- welded brackets and everything, compared it to our 06 that does have a factory rear bar.

So... Why do I seem to have a factory rear sway bar on an SE, I thought you couldn't get that unless it was an SES. Haha, and any one have any interest in a new steeda kit, too? The site lists a 20% re-stocking return fee, ouch. :)

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Moved to the MK2 chat area

Also no selling outside the BST

Oh and you have a rear sway bar cause you have a coupe, the Coupe's came with one standard as far as I know since it was supposed to be the "sporty" model.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^twas mostly joke. Didn't figure anyone would want it when they could just buy it from steeda- their shipping would be cheaper... Just stinks cause there's nothing else on steeda I want to exchange for ATM :-/ Maybe a strut brace... They rock though- lighting.

The reason I figured they didn't have it was this (and similar model run downs on places that list the 09's options): http://assets.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/assets/NGBS/pdf/pdf_8801F25B-EED0-E4BB-E914-F966E914F966.pdf

Scroll down to standard features and it says no sway bar on SE.

·
Registered
578 Posts
There was an optional drivers package available on se. I think it got you the uprared suspension and height adjustable driver seat.

Now if the diameter of the steeda is larger than the stock unit swap ot out. It will make a huge difference in the handling of the car.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There was an optional drivers package available on se. I think it got you the uprared suspension and height adjustable driver seat.

Now if the diameter of the steeda is larger than the stock unit swap ot out. It will make a huge difference in the handling of the car.
Hmm... I do have a height adjustable drivers seat (thank god, cause I gotta put all the way up :). ) wow, I didn't see that listed anywhere for options on the 09. Crazy.

Problem with using this one is I paid more for the kit to include the brackets and end links. I don't think it's larger- anyone know the oe diameter versus the one in the steeda kit, won't stop pouring here to go check? I think it's suppose to be comparable to oe.

Isn't it suppose to be bad to only upgrade the rear? Maybe wait a bit and get this: http://www.steedafocus.com/parts/eibach-2000-2011-ford-focus-swaybar-kit/ to upgrade both.

·
So mote be it
8,905 Posts
So... Why do I seem to have a factory rear sway bar on an SE, I thought you couldn't get that unless it was an SES. Haha, and any one have any interest in a new steeda kit, too? The site lists a 20% re-stocking return fee, ouch. :)
Ford is strange. I pulled a rear bar for my 2011 but don't have the brackets.

Can't wait to get it on :D ... but need to buy endlinks and brakets.
You two should strike up a conversation [poke]

LensDriven, keep and use the bar and sell the mounting kit in the b-s-t section here. The mounting portion of that kit goes for $70 by itself new from Steeda. 20% restocking on your purchase is $30+, you should be able to beat the restocking fee selling those brackets at a slight discount. Heck, I'd be so happy to find the sway bar mounts on my rear subframe that i would even be sad i spent more on the sway bar kit

·
Registered
688 Posts

I have the Drivers Group package and have the height adjustable seat and rear sway bar. I also have the factory Sport Tuned Exhaust since I have a manual coupe.

I do have a height adjustable drivers seat (thank god, cause I gotta put all the way up :). ) wow, I didn't see that listed anywhere for options on the 09. Crazy.

Problem with using this one is I paid more for the kit to include the brackets and end links. I don't think it's larger- anyone know the oe diameter versus the one in the steeda kit, won't stop pouring here to go check? I think it's suppose to be comparable to oe.
If you got just the regular rear sway bar it's the same size as the factory one. http://www.steedafocus.com/parts/ford-focus-steeda-rear-swaybar/

Also, holy crap having to adjust the seat all the way up, you must sit up next to Escape drivers at stoplights. I put mine all the way down.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You two should strike up a conversation [poke]

LensDriven, keep and use the bar and sell the mounting kit in the b-s-t section here. The mounting portion of that kit goes for $70 by itself new from Steeda. 20% restocking on your purchase is $30+, you should be able to beat the restocking fee selling those brackets at a slight discount. Heck, I'd be so happy to find the sway bar mounts on my rear subframe that i would even be sad i spent more on the sway bar kit
Problem is I hate to keep it and install it if it's virtually the same as what's on there. I was trying to find out if I could exchange it for the tower brace and forego the restocking fee, but haven't heard anything back from steeda yet. I guess if I still had to pay the restocking fee, Id try to sell it here... Maybe I'll hear something tomorrow.

@09vistabluecoupe - go figure, yeah everything I read before Id even bought the car said it didnt have that included on on SE, crazy. And actually no, I'm like the height a normal person would be driving it [shhh] I'm 5'1, if that. I've tried driving with it lower, but I can't see out the back. [:I]

@Miller88 - What rambleon84 said. Would you want me to PM you if I can't exchange it? [:)]

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Yes- I was thinking, I'd be better off just waiting to buy the eibach front and rear set later since this is on there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts