Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just came across your forum when browsing for my problem online, maybe thought some of you know it alls might know whats going on :)

so i have a manual, 07 (probobly built in 06) 1600cc focus station, its run fine untill now, when i downshift, and the car engine brakes it makes a loud noise, it also happened when i started it first earlier and it was idling.

anyone got any ideas? for sure its engine related, it sounds to me like a exhaust problem, but that simply boggles my mind since it sounds completely normal when accelerating.

Another question, at what time do you guys recommend changing the timing belt?

thanks
Kristján

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
We'll need more info on what kind of noise the car is making. From what you said, it sounds like an exhaust leak but that just a stab in the dark considering I can't hear it for myself.

As for timing belt, American 2.0 Zetecs were recommended at every 120,000 miles. Later American engines switch to the chains which don't require replacement.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think i figured this out, note that im in iceland, and went to the ski resort yesterday and its was very cold!

a friend suggested that this could be snow/ice stuck on a motorpad (think thats what they call them) wich would explain that the engine noise would be transmitted through there when laying on that pad, wich would then probobly be one of the front ones as it only makes the noise when engine braking/reversing, going to throw it in to the garage later today as the temperature is still freezing, and see if it "thaws out"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts