Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I installed recently on my 2010 Focus SES a HID kit and obviously it may flicker sometimes on DRL. I want to replace my DRL by my 3157 parking lights, the problem that I encounter is that (if I understand this fully) they are controlled by BCM (or some lightning module.) Has anyone found a fix for this or a way to cancel DRL?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I was trying to figure this out for a while when I got my led headlight bulbs and they flickered all the time and eventually burnt one out, the only way to disable the DRL is your go to a dealer and get them to disable it with the computer. Might have to go to a few to find one that will actually do it.
No one around here would, so after some trouble shooting, I put a capacitor link (can bus error canceller) between the factory headlight plug, and the relay harness to stop it from flickering and I have not had any problems since then!
Hope this helps,
Dave.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
might be able to use a relay. sendthe lower voltage that the BCM is trying to feed the lights to the relay, which sends full 12V from the battery to the headlights.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had tried just a relay harness, but because the DRL uses a pulsed voltage, it caused the relay to buzz and eventually burnt out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had tried just a relay harness, but because the DRL uses a pulsed voltage, it caused the relay to buzz and eventually burnt out.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using FF Mobile
pulsed voltage?... half of the time my HID don't light up on DRL but I'll try to watch this... I'll call my local dealer to see if they can turn off my DRL, if I can have any luck. Thank you!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah, a lot of newer cars with DRL use pwm (pulse width modulation) to run the halogen bulbs at a lower brightness, without sacrificing the longevity of the bulb. Basically turning the bulb on and off really fast , not letting it get to full brightness. This is why (for me at least) a capacitor solved my problem, smoothed out the voltage for my relays

1 - 8 of 8 Posts