Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a USB charger in the cigarette lighter plug, then I hear a spark. The result was that the following were not working:

- Cigarette lighter
- Dip lights (front & rear)
- Number plate light
- Internal front panel light (basically everything that lights when you turn the lights switch to the dip light location)
- Car alarm

I had the car repaired at Ford, but after inserting the USB charger again, I got the same issue.
Now I got rid of the charger and said I'll change the fuse myself this time. I located and replaced the cigarette light fuse and this fixed the cigar lighter and the car alarm, but not the light problem. I'm trying to locate which other fuse can have blown with no success. Anybody have an idea?

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Do you have an owners manual; it will list all the fuses and what runs on them. The fuse box covers usually show generally what each fuse runs as well. If worse comes to worse, just start pulling each fuse until you find the blown ones.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have an owners manual; it will list all the fuses and what runs on them. The fuse box covers usually show generally what each fuse runs as well. If worse comes to worse, just start pulling each fuse until you find the blown ones.
I used to owners manual to locate the cigarette lighter fuse (which was blown and replaced). When it comes to why the lights that should be on when the lights switch is set to the dip light position, is where I'm having a hard time with. The left and rear dip light fuses are not blown. I would remove each fuse one by one, but the location of the fuse box in my car (passenger side) is givving me a hard time to access the fuses that are at the back side. Is there any way to completely remove the thing?

The location is pretty much like this video shows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fh6a895PeA
but the fuses are not all at the front like in this video. Many are at the back side.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
I've never dealt with a Euro MK2 so I'm only going by the video, but at minute 2 of the video you'll see two black clips. Pop those and my guess is the box flips over.

MK1 Foci are the same way. It's been so long since of done it but it's a couple clip and maybe even a but (all easy to see and get at once you know what to look for).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I removed those clips and it went a bit further down, allowing access to a fuse that I wanted to check but I couldn't reach before. I was truly the right one and it is fixed now. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
No problem. Glad you could get it fixed without having to go back to the dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts