Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! New member here. Not a new Focus owner though! I've owned a 2004 ZX3 since 2011 and my little car has followed me through thousands of miles of trips and address changes.

I studied Transportation and Product Design at ArtCenter College of Design and am building a design consultancy with an automotive bent to it, SPUR Design Garage. Building a custom front bumper for my car will be a defining portfolio piece of what I am capable of and I hope you'll like following my journey! Attached is a sketch I made during my first year of college and will be the initial inspiration for the following design work, I'll be posting more sketches in the near future before the build begins.

Excited to be here and meet you all!

·
Registered
29 Posts
You are really talented. The car looks so futuristic in these sketches. Cant wait to see how the final product turns out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I like it. It looks like a modernized version of the original Focus, with cleaner lines than later generations. However, the rear end feels more like a coupe than a hatchback. I would consider raising it a bit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are really talented. The car looks so futuristic in these sketches. Cant wait to see how the final product turns out.
Thanks man! I'll be posting some updated sketches soon to wrap my head around how it'll look.

I like it. It looks like a modernized version of the original Focus, with cleaner lines than later generations. However, the rear end feels more like a coupe than a hatchback. I would consider raising it a bit.
Thanks! That modernization is exactly what I was going for, albeit with a pretty exaggerated sketch style haha

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just did a more refined digital sketch of the front bumper, trying to sort out how the surfaces interact with each other and flow into one another. Retaining lower grille and lights, incorporating a bit of aero and a new brake cooling vent. Let me know what you think, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Small update, minimalist state outline decals that I made using a vinyl cutter. Trying to give the feel of those track layout stickers.
IMG_20200816_160511501.jpg
IMG_20200816_160520626.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts