Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I own a 2005 wagon, on which I've removed the original roof rack rails since they look terrible (mounting screws are there). However as I start to mess around with stuff, I've decided that I want some cross bars on the top.

While I'd prefer to not use the original rails I'm not against it either. I'm not looking to spend a lot, since it's not really necessary for me. Anyone have any suggestions on what may work?

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Thule's another good aftermarket option.

If you don't like the condition your OEM bars are in, you could always try a salvage yard and grab a nicer set.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Free is always best. If you only need bars once in a while just keep taking the stock rack off and on. You'll save money in gas with it off and save money with it on because you didn't spend more buying something you already have. Install time is like 10 minutes, unless you are a firefighter that brings a kayak to every fire, you should be able to plan ahead when you will need to install the unit.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those seem to be the two major aftermarket options, I guess I'll have to look price, as those also seem to be on the higher end of things.

My OEM bars are fine (and sitting in the garage) I just don't like the look too much.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
There are other lower cost options out there. If you don't plan on actually using it and the rack is only for looks, you can try out a cheaper brand. However, if you plan on putting anything on the rack, don't skimp on what you buy or you'll have smashed merchandise and other possible issues if someone hits the rack when it's sitting in the middle of the road.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts