Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to put component speakers in my car so i was just wondering where people have put their tweeters. share some pics please :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah im an audio junkie i work at a car audio shop as an installer but have never had to put tweeters in a first gen except my last car but it wasnt a very good job, so i will be using components the sound of a coaxial just doesnt compare.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
If you care about staging, the "A" pillars are the best location.

Unless you are running an MS-8 or, BitOne

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope nothin crazy like that
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411627442.289239.jpg
But this is my view of the a pillar shoots strait to the other side of the car and I kinda want to avoid any stand outish look

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
Nope nothin crazy like that
View attachment 70777
But this is my view of the a pillar shoots strait to the other side of the car and I kinda want to avoid any stand outish look
Head to the junkyard and salvage some A-Pillars. Mod them up to fit the look you want and install.

·
Registered
897 Posts
This is an old picture but here is how I mounted mine, I used ones from a pick and pull so I didn't destroy my good ones, I had it rapped in sub carpet because I was to lazy to sand and paint the enclosure, I've since made it better but I don't have a picture of it and my car isn't with me right now.

anyway I used some fiber glass to smooth the tweeter, it actually decent now... But I think it's a great location and if they swivel like mine then you can adjust the angle after install...

I got the idea from another car... I think it might actually be were they are placed on the mk3? I don't recall, but I think that's were I stole it from...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had mine right there in my last car just not fiberglassed, I was lookin for like simple flush mount, if I was you at the time of instal I would put them where the power windows usually are haha

·
Registered
897 Posts
This is allot easier to undo, just put the ones back on that are in the hatch [poke]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts