Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi, im trying to get to the bottom of this problem. symptoms ive got are- rough idling, stalling on tickover, low revs resulting in battery light coming on.

ive got diagnostic software which is giving me the following DTCs -
P1124, P1101, P1131.

ive replaced since january 2015
idle control valve (IAC) - ebay
MAF with a HELLA one from euro car parts
Ignition Coil - aftermarket from local motor factors
Spark plugs - bosch from local motor factors again
fuel filter - generic one from local motor factors again
crankcase breather/throttle hose (one above exhaust that melts etc) - ford main dealer

clutch fitted - december 2014 2wks before christmas - none of these problems were present before the clutch was replaced!!!!!!!!!.....

when i replaced the idle control valve, i had to use some gasket sealant, as NO gasket was supplied is it possible that some of the gasket sealant has blocked up the idle ports??? (btw this is has got poor access!, as you cant really see what you are doing)

im starting to run out of ideas now, any help would be gratefully welcome

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moving this to our General Tech Chat section where repair questions get the most attention.

You've got a number of issues showing if those are still current DTC's.

MAF & TPS not in spec. and an O2 out of range as well (maybe a result).

Sure nothing got unplugged during the clutch job? It would be rather odd for both of those to go simultaneously just when doing that job, unless damaged while parts were set aside.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx I've already checked MAF n TPS sensors r plugged in by unplugging n re pluging bk in. I've also checked tht both the sensors above r working correctly which they r. Will jack up the car ASAP n check the O2 sensors on the exhaust. Cld a blocked idle air control cause sum of these issues???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts