Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to the forums and also new to cars.

Basically my bottom end blew on my Millennium, which I only bought 6 weeks ago, last night and it looks as if its going to be a whole new engine job.

What I am wondering is, as I know FA about cars, would it be much work to put a ST170 in there?

I know it'll be alot of time and money but it would make a good project as it's a mint car and would be a shame to scrap it.

So, any pointers as to what I need / have to do for this would be much appreciated.

For the record I'm about 70% noob, if that puts things into perspective.

Thanks

Kraig

·
Super Moderator
9,555 Posts
Are you talking about swapping both the motor and transmission from an ST170 into your Millenium? It can be done since the mounting locations in the engine bay are similar. Just have to make sure you grab the right side motor mount, ECU and keys from the donor vehicle. Would also be a good idea to get the ignition and other locks as well. I am also moving this thread to the motor and transmission swap section so you can be better helped.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, yeah that was the idea that I had planned. As it's rare car and so far one of my favorites, I've been presented with the opportunity to do something cool with it. So was thinking as oppose to just sticking another Zetec 1.8 or 2.0 in there, maybe a ST170 or an RS (if i can find one)

Thanks for your help.

Would the RS be much the same scenario out of curiosity?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts