Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can i use a 00-05 eibach spring on my 08 11 struts? i got the spring brand new real cheap and just changed my 08 11 struts...

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
can i use a 00-05 eibach spring on my 08 11 struts? i got the spring brand new real cheap and just changed my 08 11 struts...
No you can't mix & match the earlier & later springs & struts. If you want to use the earlier '00-'05 springs/ struts you need to Get the ''Omni kit'' from Massive performance, a vender in here. Go to the vender section. I'd also get a strut that works w/ those lowering springs too.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
I'm not sure on that Felix, I know the spring tops changed for '05-'07 and again for '08-'11, not so sure for the spring bases where they contact the struts.

Double check the diameter of the spring base vs. the '08's to be sure, if they're the same the '05 top hats & strut bearings are what's needed for the swap.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
The '06+ springs are a tapered w/ a pigtail at the bottom. Look at the '06+ strut spring seat. The op will need to use the earlier struts w/ those earlier springs.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Aha, so it's the '06-'07 springs only that will update to use on '08-'11.

Tx for clearing that up!

'05 gets lumped in with '06-'07 for all but the strut diameter so often I thought 5-7 springs were the same.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Aha, so it's the '06-'07 springs only that will update to use on '08-'11.

Tx for clearing that up!
Roger, I ran into that yrs ago, when my buddy bought a early '06 & was doing springs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts