Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, if anyone has followed any of my posts you know that this $500 focus has had A LOT of problems. I'm in the home stretch now, all overheating, drivability, and steering, suspension problems are fixed. A little while ago I broke a shift cable driving in downtown and limped it home. I bought new cables and a short shifter from cfm. When swapping to the short shifter I messed up the flower pedal piece that holds the shifter in the base. I have a new base to install everything in and I need the part numbers for the flower pedal piece as well as any other bushings or such that I will need. I know there is at least the one on the other side as the flower pedal. Any and all help is appreciated.

·
Ford Fiend
2,976 Posts
Well, I hate to tell you this, but it's no longer made or available. Mine is in bad shape also, with several "petals" missing and I have it temporarily fixed with a zip tie.

The long-term fix I've come up with is to cut the "petals" off, still using the part that inserts into the axis for a bushing, but spacing out the bit left by the petals being gone with some brass washers, then securing them with an E-clip in the groove that the petals contacted. I haven't got around to doing that, but I should have the necessary parts and will be fixing it soon.

BTW, I assume you're talking about the part that looks like this:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup thats what I'm looking at, I'll look into getting a clip that fixes it then. Damn I was hoping the new base would come with it but it doesn't. Thanks ford! Last question there is a delrin bushing on the other side of the base, does anyone know the part number for that bushing?

·
Ford Fiend
2,976 Posts
That shifter base was only used from 1999 through mid 2002 when the entire linkage was redesigned and improved, thus the rarity of the parts. I looked online for a part diagram with no luck. I'll try to check my FSM at home this weekend to see if that will be of any help.

·
Ford Fiend
2,976 Posts
Nope. Sorry...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts