Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of anywhere that sells JUST the lens part of the headlight? My ST170s are getting very foggy and I would rather replace them than spend money repairing them. Yes, I have opened my headlights up before so I understand the process/time required to do this and if these were stockers I wouldn't even bother. I just have not been able to locate anywhere that sells just headlight lenses... and preferably lenses without the ADM lines on the indicator section. Thanks!

·
Registered
16,186 Posts
You're asking people to sell what are essentially broken parts, the headlights are sold as complete units, there are NO lenses. It's like looking for one half of a spark plug.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're asking people to sell what are essentially broken parts, the headlights are sold as complete units, there are NO lenses. It's like looking for one half of a spark plug.
Huh!? The headlights are a component built part... there are components of a headlight that can be purchased. I am not arrogant enough to believe that just because I have not seen something, that it does not exist. The post was meant to elicit helpful responses by someone who knows what their talking about. Parts of a sparkplug? Horrible analogy!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why not use a lens restoration kit?
My lenses are pretty horrible, like micro cracks running all over the place... I would hate to try to "restore" them and waste time and money. Really looking for that fresh out the box look and don't want to go through the process of finding and purchasing new ST170 headlights

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,346 Posts
Like others have said, either source some good used or buy a new set and bake the lenses to remove. Dont go over 200 degrees farenheit.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Billythakidd1113 & pbfoot...

Found Headlight-Headlamp.com and they sell everything from the lenses, bezels, housings and even butyl strips! LOL, only issue is that they start with the MK2 model. I'm going to try and contact them regarding any MK1 parts.

This is the site:

·
Registered
56 Posts
That’s awesome I’m actually going to check them out I have the mk2 so they didn’t make much of anything for my style so custom it is maybe I can create something interestin

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
The website is not very friendly. They are a Chinese company.
They seem to be geared towards the overseas market and Europe probably not the best for the American focus.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Worth a shot I’m pretty sure the euro headlights would fit my 06. I mean there 06 version is very similar just better body lines and cooler headlights

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
True, they do go off the euro Focus MK variations but there isn't much difference once you understand which model correlates to the ADM styles.

·
Registered
56 Posts
True, they do go off the euro Focus MK variations but there isn't much difference once you understand which model correlates to the ADM styles.
I found these projector headlights did the American version I’m just not exactly thrilled or even sure if I’m going to spend the 376.00 they want for them. I’m still waiting on my damn exhaust 10 days later and not even a shipping tracking number yet. Unreal....

·
Registered
16,186 Posts
They are a supplier to the global headlight market. I'd verify they sell in small amounts, you may find they want to sell minimums of say 50 at a time. Like lots of companies on Alibaba.

Spark plugs would have parts distributors to make component parts like that too. So what. When I sold headlights in parts there were zero parts vendors for them. Complete units only, you lose money selling components by themselves. Max value and by extension profit is added by making complete assemblies.

They may have already cycled away from making Mk.1 parts, Chinese suppliers commonly jump away from years that are already past to lower sales, they want to stay razor sharp current. Like the place here that sells like Chinese copy Focus hoods and fenders for $35 and grilles for $10. They prefer to only stock the fastest moving year parts since they sell so cheap. Mk.1 is past that now.

It's a horrible analogy only to someone who does not understand business...........

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They are a supplier to the global headlight market. I'd verify they sell in small amounts, you may find they want to sell minimums of say 50 at a time. Like lots of companies on Alibaba.

Spark plugs would have parts distributors to make component parts like that too. So what. When I sold headlights in parts there were zero parts vendors for them. Complete units only, you lose money selling components by themselves. Max value and by extension profit is added by making complete assemblies.

They may have already cycled away from making Mk.1 parts, Chinese suppliers commonly jump away from years that are already past to lower sales, they want to stay razor sharp current. Like the place here that sells like Chinese copy Focus hoods and fenders for $35 and grilles for $10. They prefer to only stock the fastest moving year parts since they sell so cheap. Mk.1 is past that now.

It's a horrible analogy only to someone who does not understand business...........
Yes, some suppliers on Alibaba and Ali Express do only sell in bulk but to say that something is unattainable is untrue. And again with the spark plugs! No one sells "restore" or "rebuild" kits for your worn out sparkplugs but then again, they don't cost hundreds of dollars to replace. Absolutely, I don't truly expect anyone to currently be producing MK1 parts but to imply that there is zero stock of items in the global market place is just untrue. This is why people use these forums, to make connections with suppliers, distributors, specialty manufacturers and private sellers of items that may be difficult and/or near "impossible" to locate. Is that not why we are here? Why did you feel compelled to post your first reply? To imply that I stop searching cause there is no remedy? What kind of business philosophy is that? You may know all, but I am confident enough with myself to state that I do not... which is why I am here asking questions.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
"This is why people use these forums, to make connections with suppliers, distributors, specialty manufacturers and private sellers of items that may be difficult and/or near "impossible" to locate. Is that not why we are here?"

Nope definitely not here for that. Most people are here for repairs, how to fix a problem and ideas. Not here to make connections with suppliers and manufacturers they don't exist here. Forms have been dead for a long time and they die more everyday.

I just realized you posted the same thing 6 years ago. You didn't find the solution in 6 years?

AMC can come off a little harsh but he's a smart guy and he knows this industry very well. I wouldn't throw out what he is saying with the wind like you are doing. He has contributed more information than anybody here you just have to read through his harshness.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts