Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of anywhere that sells JUST the lens part of the headlight? My ST170s are getting very foggy and I would rather replace them than spend money repairing them. Yes, I have opened my headlights up before so I understand the process/time required to do this and if these were stockers I wouldn't even bother. I just have not been able to locate anywhere that sells just headlight lenses... and preferably lenses without the ADM lines on the indicator section. Thanks!

·
Registered
16,018 Posts
You're asking people to sell what are essentially broken parts, the headlights are sold as complete units, there are NO lenses. It's like looking for one half of a spark plug.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're asking people to sell what are essentially broken parts, the headlights are sold as complete units, there are NO lenses. It's like looking for one half of a spark plug.
Huh!? The headlights are a component built part... there are components of a headlight that can be purchased. I am not arrogant enough to believe that just because I have not seen something, that it does not exist. The post was meant to elicit helpful responses by someone who knows what their talking about. Parts of a sparkplug? Horrible analogy!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why not use a lens restoration kit?
My lenses are pretty horrible, like micro cracks running all over the place... I would hate to try to "restore" them and waste time and money. Really looking for that fresh out the box look and don't want to go through the process of finding and purchasing new ST170 headlights

·
Registered
50 Posts
I haven’t saw just lenses but there are a few companies that sell a pair of them for around 49.99 and you could the work yourself. I’ll keep an eye out I find some interesting things

·
Registered
2006 ZX3 2.0, 2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,201 Posts
Like others have said, either source some good used or buy a new set and bake the lenses to remove. Dont go over 200 degrees farenheit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts