Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would be some good brake pads and shoes for my 2000 focus, possibly rotors too? best bang for the buck i guess.
thanks [driving]

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
what would be some good brake pads and shoes for my 2000 focus, possibly rotors too? best bang for the buck i guess.
thanks [driving]
Go down to your oriellys store & get a pr of Bosch rotors & brake select ceramic pads. I'd also do a brake fluid flush & for sure clean & grease the caliper guild pins.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Front:
I put on new rotors and pads a couple months ago and used this->
Amazon.com: Callahan FRONT Premium Grade OE 258 mm 4 Lug [2] Rotors + [4] Quiet Low Dust Ceramic Brake Pads Kit CFP40106B: Automotive
$80, might be "cheap" but I am happy with them so far.

Rear with Drum:
I used autozone duralast shoes, 1-year ago, no problems so far. When inspecting or replacing these shoes, you are pissing-off the bearing a little bit because of the process of re-torquing the hub/bearing nut; torque to 175 foot lbs. It has been recommended that this nut only be re-used about 4 times. A set of (2) new ones are just under $40.

I had a rear wheel bearing failure; so I decided to replace everything since all were old and worn. New shoes, new drums with bearing.

If you ever have a rear drum bearing go bad:
Drum with bearing already installed makes the job quicker, but these (Chinese) combos's sold at your local car part store have a higher chance of failure than; buying a reputable bearing (Timken, SKF) and pressing it in.

I had some bad luck with an old batch of duralast drum combos, but am hopeful the new batch I am using now will hold up; that story told here->
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/brakes-suspension-body-chassis/412930-duralast-drums-same-p-n-but-different.html

·
Registered
35 Posts
I put RDA slotted rotors and Brembo pads on mine, wasn't that expensive and fairly easy. Here is a link to the whole job:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts