Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all, my beloved 2005 ZXW SES 5-speed is going down. Mechanically its strong but structural, well, its was a non-maintained Northeast Focus, aka rusted. Specially undercarriage. So..

When I got the car, my attempt was to fit into it an MK1.5 ST engine, along front SVT and rear ST brakes set-ups.

With this rust issue, I am tempted to go the other route: starting from an ST Sedan!

Ive located a couple of ST locally : anywhere from a 130000miles/1300US$ to a near showroom 75000miles/3400US$.

I would take the front SVT brake set-ups, (full) leather seats of my actual Focus and put that into the ST.

Leaving me with : cut my actual rear wagon section and weld it onto the receiver ST.

- - -

Your opinions are more than welcome, even if they are on one side (YES DO IT) or ion the other (PLEASE DONT EVEN TRY).

Specially these issues like:
  • rear suspension
  • gas tank
  • overall length wheelbase
I love Focus Wagon more than a Volvo V50...

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have heard of some repair places that take two smashed cars of the same type, cut them in half and weld the good ends together. They have some special certifications to get these cars licensed for the road again and resell them.
I'd think its not easy to do properly though!
I just bought another focus wagon and there seems to be lots of ATX ones around that have been rust proofed since new. I would assume swapping all the good stuff into a decent wagon roller shell would be better plan.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, my initial plan was to have the ST engine! So transplant into another plain-jane Focus won't do.

The fitting of the wagon part onto the sedan part will be less trouble - but some trouble! than joining two ends together.

Thanks for the reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts