Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm probably just going to smoke my rear lights with the reverse cutout like my last car but if just like to know what interesting things you guys have done since there are no aftermarket options for us

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'd be interested in seeing what people have done as well. I had a pair of red led tails for my zx5 that I never installed. Looked stock except for having led's behind the plastic, which I like. Muted but effective is a huge plus for myself. I currently just have led bulbs in my tails, but would want to see what others have done to get the wheels in my head spinning.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do the led bulbs throw off the blinker in any way? I've been thinking of getting them but I know a lot of the time they make the blinker go superfast

·
Registered
95 Posts
They do, you need to use resistors when using them, unless you like that fast blinking. I can't stand the blinker sound as it is so it being even faster would drive me nuts.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
They do, you need to use resistors when using them, unless you like that fast blinking. I can't stand the blinker sound as it is so it being even faster would drive me nuts.
This^^^^^^^ Use a resistors inline.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I currently use LED's for both brake and reverse lights. Love them. You can get the resistor kits (superbrightleds.com or ebay) that are cheap. Just splice in line and you are good. Mine work great!

I also smoked my tails with three small passes of the "VHT Nite-shade" spray. I like the way they turned out. I didn't do the reverse section so that area is still clear. I was only looked to tone down the red a bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts