Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about doing a disc conversion on the rear end of my focus for a while after I attempted to get the rear drums off. If it is possible to get the rear disc on a drum set up. How would I go at that? Would I have to swap axles too or no?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
If I recall correctly here's a list.

Rear knuckle
Rear hub assembly
Rear brake lines
Rotors & pads
Calipers & brackets
Back 2 thirds of the parking brake cable
Ideally you would swap the proportioning valve from a rear disc car for better brake balancing.

Please let me know if I added too much or am missing anything

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
331 Posts

Rear knuckle
Rear hub assembly
Rear brake lines
Rotors & pads
Calipers & brackets
Ideally you would swap the proportioning valve from a rear disc car for better brake balancing.

Sent from my moto g(6) using FF Mobile
I think you mean Spindle, not Knuckle

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Rear knuckle
Rear hub assembly
Rear brake lines
Rotors & pads
Calipers & brackets

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
I've been thinking about it for a bit, I've got the recourses to get the parts if I really wanted to do that but I'm just also debating if I wanna do a big brake kit for the future and maybe race it at some point. I'm not 100% sure what I'm gonna yet but all I know for sure is that I want to get those piece of crap drums out of my car.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,301 Posts
I've been thinking about it for a bit, I've got the recourses to get the parts if I really wanted to do that but I'm just also debating if I wanna do a big brake kit for the future and maybe race it at some point. I'm not 100% sure what I'm gonna yet but all I know for sure is that I want to get those piece of crap drums out of my car.

Sent from my XT1650 using FF Mobile
Do a bbk for the front......http://baerbrakes.com......Baer has a great 6-piston caliper. Of course you'll want to go w/ Baer's 13'' 2-piece rotors.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do a bbk for the front......http://baerbrakes.com......Baer has a great 6-piston caliper. Of course you'll want to go w/ Baer's 13'' 2-piece rotors.
Thanks for the suggestion! Like I said, I don't know exactly what I'll do for it in the future. I hope to take it to a track day sometime in the future. It's a work and progress at the moment.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,301 Posts
A great cost effective mod would be bolting on front svt calipers/rotors.....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stupid question but pretty much I have to look up all the replacement parts from a SVT if I'm thinking this correctly?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,301 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just wanted to give a heads up that I've got parts(minus rotors) from a 2006? ST to do the conversion. They'll be going up for sale soon on the marketplace for a really good price.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts