Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
considering all of my options for turbocharging and a good turbo that i've seen around is the t3/t4 type. has anybody here seen these/run them? what boost pressures can I run before worrying about damaging pistons? What type of horsepower can I expect to run? Any info helps, and I'll be sure to post the end results if/when i turbo my zx3!

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
yes there might have been a few of us here and there who have run that type of turbo lol! a bone stock engine can handle around 230-250whp depending on how well maintained it is. a simple compression test will tell you whether or not it would be wise to turbo your car. that whp level should come to around 10-12psi of boost depending on the kit and turbo you use. if you want more power you need forged pistons and rods. you can now get to around 350-380whp with a boost-a-pump. if you want more power than that you need a return style fuel system. you can now push as far as around 700whp. if you want more than that you need a stronger crank shaft but i highly doubt you would want to go that far. very few people do.

·
FF Affiliate
31,093 Posts
considering all of my options for turbocharging and a good turbo that i've seen around is the t3/t4 type. has anybody here seen these/run them? what boost pressures can I run before worrying about damaging pistons? What type of horsepower can I expect to run? Any info helps, and I'll be sure to post the end results if/when i turbo my zx3!
You need to be a little more specific , a " T3/T4 could mean over 1000 diff turbos it could mean a turbo that spools up at 3200 and is through making power at 5000 and makes 280hp or a turbo that spools up at 5500 and makes power to 9000 at makes 700hp

There are hundreds of Turbocharged Foci out there , like stated about 230-250 on the stock engine is about max

I have a nice DIY turbo kit for sale in my focus-power section you should look at if your doing a turbo kit

Tom

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, im sorry im not too familiar with turbos yet. Thats exactly the horsepower range i was looking for and my engine is in great shape, just hit 80k. Can you post a link to that turbokit please?

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts