Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a JBA Shorty header from a Guy on FocusFanatics and he said this product was coming with no bolts, 1 flange. I'm wondering where I can get these additional parts, and If I will need a flex pipe to mount it onto my stock system until I can afford a Focus Sport Cat Back.....Any info would be great! Thanks!!! -Anyone alos know if this header has a port for an o2 censor for an 02 Focus?

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
A compitent muffler shop should be able to assist you.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
is this a SPI or Zetec?

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zetec..... And OffRoad Pipe??? Is that the flew pipe for sale on FocusSport for like $130????

·
Registered
525 Posts
an offroad pipe deletes your cat and connects to your stick flex pipe. you will still need to upgrade your old flex to keep from bottlenecking the exhaust system.

an offroad pipe is a solid pipe, other than the flex pipe your thinking of.

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would like to keep my cat though so I can stay emisisons legal in my state... anyway around that?

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
a shorty header will not delete the cat. It will bolt up to the stock cat once you get the header bolts and gaskets. If you decide to put a high flow cat on there, then is when you would want to get the flex pipe, which connects to the back of your cat and the front of your after market "cat-back." You could have also done the OBX shorty header and high flow cat for about $150 plus shipping on ebay.

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweet...Well I've just recived my JBA header in the mail today....it only has the header and a Brass Flange...How easy is this to do If I already have a torque wrench....and would Advanced Auto keeps bolts and a flange for this header in stock????

·
Registered
525 Posts
you can use the bolts that you currently have. and advanced auto should carry the new gaskets. they should sell the bolts too if you do want to replace them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts