Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone,

first of all: I'm not sure if this is in the right place, and I've searched all over the internet for answers with no avail. I'm hoping I can get some type of help here.

I have a 2012 Focus SEL with the Sony 10-speaker audio system, 8-inch touch screen (w/SYNC), voice commands, Sirius radio, etc. what I don't have is navigation... my car only tells me which direction I'm going in (N, S, E, W). I have the SD card slot in my center console, along with my USB ports and aux input, so what am I missing? and is this something the dealer could fix for me? I'd like to have the navigation if possible, but I just can't quite figure out what's missing.

I bought the car used and never thought to ask then. I'd love to be able to utilize navigation, especially since I'll be travelling a bit this summer, and it seems like it would be more convenient than hooking up my Garmin. thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Hi katgarl,

If you see INFORMATION in the top right corner of the screen, then your Focus didn't come with navigation. It can only be added at the factory while the vehicle is being built. If you'd like audible turn-by-turn directions, you can purchase a subscription to SYNC Services. For more information on that, check out this link:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/sync-services-overview-sync-myford-touch

Let me know if you have any questions.

Rebecca

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hold on a minute...

Hi katgarl,

If you see INFORMATION in the top right corner of the screen, then your Focus didn't come with navigation. It can only be added at the factory while the vehicle is being built. If you'd like audible turn-by-turn directions, you can purchase a subscription to SYNC Services. For more information on that, check out this link:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/sync-services-overview-sync-myford-touch

Let me know if you have any questions.

Rebecca
Uh, sorry, not quite true... [smackbum]

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=528922

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Let me rephrase my statement, roger821. There is no Ford-approved way to add navigation after a vehicle leaves the factory; adding a different unit may void your warranty.

Rebecca

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah, dont listen to the ford reps in here, no offence rebecca but the information you guys provide is mostly useless 90 percent of the time. I get it, you are bound by ford rules.

YES, you can add navigation. i did it myself with an apim swap, thats me in that video. if you have any question, just ask!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes, but...

Let me rephrase my statement, roger821. There is no Ford-approved way to add navigation after a vehicle leaves the factory; adding a different unit may void your warranty.

Rebecca
Yeah, Rebecca, you are correct that doing the APIM replacement would void warranty. However, if someone has a 12 model, chances are they are out of the bumper to bumper warranty, and who cares at that point. For example, I'm out of warranty now, and I'm doing a similar replacement to get native Sirius XM in my car. If I could, I'd add MFT to my car, but that would be very difficult.

I appreciate your clarification, but maybe you could have said that in the first place?

And since we are on the subject of warranty, you don't want to get into that discussion with me. Warranties are great if Ford honors them. If you want details on that, PM me. [?|]

BTW, I don't exactly agree with Keenan about ignoring you guys. You're a valuable resource, but then again, everyone has their stories about dealing with the CRC or a dealer about factory-related issues.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah, Rebecca, you are correct that doing the APIM replacement would void warranty. However, if someone has a 12 model, chances are they are out of the bumper to bumper warranty, and who cares at that point. For example, I'm out of warranty now, and I'm doing a similar replacement to get native Sirius XM in my car. If I could, I'd add MFT to my car, but that would be very difficult.

I appreciate your clarification, but maybe you could have said that in the first place?

And since we are on the subject of warranty, you don't want to get into that discussion with me. Warranties are great if Ford honors them. If you want details on that, PM me. [?|]

BTW, I don't exactly agree with Keenan about ignoring you guys. You're a valuable resource, but then again, everyone has their stories about dealing with the CRC or a dealer about factory-related issues.
sorry i shouldn't say ignore the reps, its just my experience that they usually respond with the usual canned messages. "provide me your vin and i'll send you info" or "pm me and i can help out" its usually info you can find on the ford website or the vehicle manual anyway. their hands are tied talking about mods or problems, but thats the whole point of these forums.....to talk about issues with our cars that ford cant comment on or cant endorse etc.

i agree that at time the reps can give some simple answers to the noobs who just need some quick info about their car but thats really all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts