Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a spec v right now and its cool......but........I MISS MY DAM SVT SO BAD!!!! and it sucks cuz I see it everyonce in a while on the road. I just want to drive it again. I want another one> I WANT A SVT!!!

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
lol, poor fellow, go find you one then

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Grass is always greener, isnt it? lol. Have you looked for another?

·
Registered
96 Posts
b16sir1991 said:
lol, poor fellow, go find you one then
I know where there is an 04 Yellow SVTF with 22000 miles on it is at :) Key Mazda in Hardeeville SC.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Focus RULES!!!! Spec V keeps been another one of the bunch but the focus has its own charm which is unique!

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I'll never get rid of my car...few years down the road, I'll find a 200 Miata and rock that, the SVTF will be my beast..

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
I love the focus, but the spec v is faster, and handles better then the focus. My best friend has one and we drive eachother's cars often. The SPec V is a tottaly different beast then the focus. I don't know, the SPec V may be an all around better car, but I love my Focus. I would take either one. Boith cars have their distinct positive and negative attriburtes though. The inly car I would trade my focus for would be an 03 cobra or a c4/5 corvette. If I got one of those, I wouldn't get rid of the focus though. Basically, I think it isx whichever car you own first. My friend and I like eachother;s cars, but I don't think either of us would trade our cars for the other.

·
Registered
128 Posts
i would have to agree the Spec V is quicker i raced one on the freeway with waynes tune cold air intake...HKS catback and we stayed dead even all the way until the top of 4th great and we both let off....

·
Registered
195 Posts
no way a spec v handles better than a svt. and as far as speed its a drivers race.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
I'm pretty sure, it is pulling just a little but more lateral g's then a focus and has us by a couple mph on a salom course. But in all honestly, it is a pretty small difference and would come down to the driver. They do have a little bit more power then us so they might be able to exit a corner a tad quicker than a focus. Although the mazdaspeed protege has all of us FF cars when it comes to handling if I am not mistaken. The SPec V doesn't have a rear sway bar if I am not mistaken, but it definately is a stiffer suspension then us. You feel every bump in that car. DOn't get me wrong, the FOcus is by no means at all a slouch, and I will repeat myself that it should come down to the drivers.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Didn't Dire Straits write a song titled "I want my SVT"?

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
^^^ you sure???

Well i found this
Suspension : F - Independent MacPherson strut
R - Semi-independent multilink beam

·
Registered
560 Posts
duffman , the spev is being compare to an SVTf not your ST , don't think you have the room to compare , i've personally raced 2 spev's both modded , and beat both of them respectably.... what is the wieght of a spec v ?
lol it only has 10 more hp and 5 more tq then a regular sentra se-r lol....

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
polyurethane motor mounts took care of that poroblem quite nicely. Torque steers like none other though. I got a little bit of wheel hop with my 2.3. I still haven't mastered the launch yet. I don't try that often because it is bad on the clutch.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
TwighlightBlueZx5 said:
duffman , the spev is being compare to an SVTf not your ST , don't think you have the room to compare , i've personally raced 2 spev's both modded , and beat both of them respectably.... what is the wieght of a spec v ?
lol it only has 10 more hp and 5 more tq then a regular sentra se-r lol....
Spec V is around 2776 lbs or something similiar I believe with 175 horse and 185 torque I believe. The spec has a close ratio 6 spd, while the SER model comes with a slushbox 4 spd or a 5 spd manual. My friend's spec v has basic bolt ons, a shirt throw and a front tye bar or something. On paper atleast, a spec v is faster than a SVTF and possibly better handling. In real life, it very well could be a driver's race.

You don't have to rub it in, i know we're not comparing to a ST here, but hate to break it to you, SVT's aren't that much faster than ST's. You guys got a blazing top end compared to us though.

On another side note, I gotta stop posting in your guy's lounge. I just read the post and responded. I always feel stupid after posting and realizing it is in the SVT lounge. Well, atleast I got two of the letters right, lol.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
i always wondered how on paper they were .3 secs quicker

1 - 20 of 38 Posts