Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I loved my Focus but the poor guy that bought it has been without it for over a month. It's been sitting on the lift at the local Ford dealer the whole time waiting for a back ordered transmission...

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Great you shipped it, thanx to the dct. Wow that'd never happen at all the shops I worked at, a vehicle waiting on parts sitting on a rack taking up money making space. That'd have a dolly bolted to it & shoved out back...What'd you end up getting?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got an Escape again. That makes this one Escape #4. So that brings the total so far to three Focus's, four Escapes, one Mustang, and one Explorer (not counting the E450 RV). Get a lot of snow here so the AWD comes in handy half the year. There was a '65 Falcon somewhere in the past also.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Great your thinking about the area you live, depends on what vehicle you drive.....

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Wow that'd never happen at all the shops I worked at, a vehicle waiting on parts sitting on a rack taking up money making space. That'd have a dolly bolted to it & shoved out back.
When I read the OPs post I thought the same exact thing.

Paul

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Was there today again for snows. It's still up on the lift.
Wow that dealer must be really slow, business wise. I'd think the service manager would be trying to drum up business or even call the used car manager to get work in there. IDK what the hourly rate is, but its not even in the middle of December yet & looking in the background, no vehicles....

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Some shops just have a lot of lifts. While I was in automotive school we toured a brand new Toyota dealership they had way more lifts than necessary.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Some shops just have a lot of lifts. While I was in automotive school we toured a brand new Toyota dealership they had way more lifts than necessary.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using FF Mobile
I suppose it depends on the location....All the shops I've worked in, never had enough, but then there are high volume, high turn out shops......

·
Registered
365 Posts
I traded mine in awhile back for an AWD Escape. I’m in the Fort Drum area. I remember Fuccillo had a couple 2017 Escapes with the 1.5 dropped for cylinder issues. They were on the lift waiting for new engines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,210 Posts
It's a d-mn shame on Ford at how many still nice cars are going to be lying around like that in the future................things like the attitude they have about it now are why I'm done with Ford pretty much for good. The dropping of true cars is simply part of how they plan on dealing with the issues and that tells you you are getting stiffed again on the other end too. I'd bet anyone buying one in the last couple years will not be getting the normal lifespan expectancy of spare parts at all, you will be lucky to see 5 years of parts before NLA there. The last people will be getting excuses like 'we'd give you a new clutch or trans but we're fresh out of them'.

With the forward looking in this country now limited to the next tweet, I'm thinking the next fuel crisis is only minutes away..........that'll rock their world.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
yeah I wouldn't buy a Ford product again I actually have to take my Fiesta ST in next week to hopefully start the process of some paint work.
I have paint peeling off on the hatch. Many people are having paint bubble corrosion issues.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
yeah I wouldn't buy a Ford product again I actually have to take my Fiesta ST in next week to hopefully start the process of some paint work.
I have paint peeling off on the hatch. Many people are having paint bubble corrosion issues.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using FF Mobile
Wow, like you mentioned must be the corrosion issues is weather related via your area, saltwater. I've worked in a Ford b/s since '02 & find the factory paint is fairly good. Yea I can & have done better then the factory, but we had to match the factory standards. My oldest daughters Mustang is stored at my house to cut down on the all the saltwater from the ocean, since she lives right on the ocean, btw she's been driving a old Volvo which actually works great. She doesn't want to drive a Jeep as I mentioned, thats what I have living there.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Wow, like you mentioned must be the corrosion issues is weather related via your area, saltwater. I've worked in a Ford b/s since '02 & find the factory paint is fairly good. Yea I can & have done better then the factory, but we had to match the factory standards. My oldest daughters Mustang is stored at my house to cut down on the all the saltwater from the ocean, since she lives right on the ocean, btw she's been driving a old Volvo which actually works great. She doesn't want to drive a Jeep as I mentioned, thats what I have living there.
Nope it's all over the country some of these cars are only a year old.
I'm not going to post other people pictures on this site, because they are not mine but they are all over the Fiesta ST site.
Some of these cars are literally eating themselves from the inside out. A couple of people actually got Ford to buy back the car through lawyers.
One guy in particular is getting screwed over right now they repainted his hood and the color match is 10 shades of orange off.
The pictures I posted are my peeling paint.
It has 9,000 miles and lives in a garage. Never been through a car washing machine, never been touched by a pressure washer.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?url=https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/paint-defect-bubbling-corrosion-etc-resource-thread.21272/&share_tid=21272&share_fid=74193&share_type=t&link_source=app

Paint Defect (Bubbling/Corrosion/Etc) Resource Thread

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Wow, looks like Ford's paint quality went down the tubes....I wouldn't blame the waterborne paint procedure thou...A quality shop can do better then the factory job, btw.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Now that I’m thinking about paint issues. My Focus has the same issue behind the taillight. My 2016 Escape has it on the bottom of the driver door on the inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I loved my Focus but the poor guy that bought it has been without it for over a month. It's been sitting on the lift at the local Ford dealer the whole time waiting for a back ordered transmission...

It's still sitting up in the rack waiting for a tranny. 2 months and counting.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts