Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today on my lunch break my svt started shaking, but not bad. I get off work and it does it again like it miss fires at low rpms. Also does it at high but not as bad and i changed the plugs and wires bout 5 months ago. Could it b the coil pack or no that would just go out? The car starts fine thoe so i have noidea where to start. Maybe fuel injecter? Also i have no check engine light. Plz help..!!!!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought that 2 but no check engine light and it starts fine. If it was timing wouldnt it have trouble starting. And thank you for repyling

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Check the timing belt anyway. It may not be totally gone, seeing as how you still have functioning valves, but it may be off. If you've done 60k since it has been changed, it is worth doing.

Also check to see if you've got a leak in your valve cover gasket. Oil has been known to leak into the plugs and cause a misfire without throwing a code.

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
If it was your timing ... it wouldn't drive very well at all.

And yes you would have a code.

An easy check to see if your wires are bad ... with your car on, carefully and slowly pull each plug wire off, it one of them doesn't change the cars tone ... then that particular cable is bad.

-Ray-

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really dnt think its the timing but if it is how do i check?? And im going to buy a coil pack monday becuase the plugs and wires are only a few months old. Also the car only breaks up when im in gear, but if i have the clutch down or in nutral it has no problem reving but 1st -6th it misses. So ima start with the coil pack.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
It misses when u put a load on it? Check compression. Ring land failure sucks. Check the breathed from the valve cover is there a lot of oil? OR check the pigtail that connects to the coilpack also

1 - 9 of 9 Posts