Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 focus zx4 2.0 5 speed 114,000 miles. I was cruising down the interstate yesterday at 70 mph. Engine started losing power and check engine light started flashing. It ran bad for about a minute,then the check engine light went off and normal power came back. I checked my ultra gauge for codes and the codes stored are the ones in the title of this thread. It was a 30 mile trip,car ran fine the rest of the way there and back home. There was some rain in the area,but I didn't drive through any deep puddles or splash a bunch of water into the engine compartment. What else could cause this?

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Weird. I would guess some kinda interruption of the signals to the coils -COPs?. Bad, loose, dirty, wet connection somewhere? -or MAF, a speck of water hit MAF then dried off? Nuclear fallout, -radiation?

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
I know its not normal but thus is what happened to me when my coil pack went bad.
Yeah Coil Pack is always causing problem for Zetecs. OP has a duratec and does not have one, has 4 coils instead (COPs).

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Check the RF capacitor wiring, small box at passenger end of valve cover connected to coil wiring with a lead to ground.

Intermittent there could cause all 4 to misfire.

(blows fuse sometimes with an issue there)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well,checked everything out,couldn't find any obvious problems. Have put 200 more miles on it since then, has ran great as usual.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts