Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all

whats the part number for the stock 10 inch subwoofer housing that comes in the drivers side wall?

where can i buy a stock radio harness that i can use instead of cutting the stock wires that are connected to the car? part number?

whats the best line converter out there?

whats the best location for an amplifier to hide away from thieves?

thank you[8D]

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
hmm... i can answer 2:

wiring harness can be found pretty much anywhere they installl car stereos. i don't know what you guys have on the east coast anymore, but places like Best Buy and Circuit City have 'em here. they cost about $15. course, if you knew the kind of mark-up that is, you'd cry.

as far as amp location goes, out of sight = out of mind. under the seat works well, and there's plenty of room. if it's a hatch, putting it somewhere in the back is OK as long as you leave in the little cover thingy and hope no one notices it when you're unloading the car. best advice is to not bang the system around the houise if you live in a bad neighborhood. if they know you have a system and know where you live, it's easy prey.

Mike

·
Registered
309 Posts
Devotion, I don't know the part number for the sub enclosure, but it has only an 8" sub and not a 10" in the audiophile package. Your Ford dealer should be able to tell it to you. JL Audio also makes a stealthbox which comes with a 10" W3V2 sub for the ZX3 http://www.jlaudio.com/stealthbox/focus.html.

As for the amp location I would suggest to put it in the trunk somewhere, as many amps can be pretty hot when you turn up the volume - I wouldn't recommend to put them under the seats.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
true, true. under the seat does pose some risks if you're talking high power. in that case, in the back is best. under the seat works well if you're talking about an smaller amp that's just running, say, the fronts or the rears.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts