Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im debating getting mirror tint for my zx3, but people have told me that it fades after a year or so. anyone have experience with it?

·
Registered
537 Posts
My girl did this as a present from a local body shop to my focus wagon using the same color as the car (Sangria Rdd) cost about $50 for both mirrows and 2 years later they still like new. If I had a digitla camera I would post pictures of it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i guess i should have clarified. i meant the mirror style window tint, not tint for the side mirrors. its reflective like a mirror :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
does anyone actually have an answer? i dont mind comments on how it might look, but i was just wondering about the quality

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have mirror tint on mine; had bee there for about a year, didn't fade yet.
The guys at the place I bought it from (a shop that does tint professionally), told me that commercial grade is metallicized and doesn't fade unlike what you buy at a parts store.
I don't know if it's true or not, but the tinting film I got from then did feel much heavier than what I saw in stores. The car has been parked outside for a few months after I tinted it, but was garaged for most of the year.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
i have seen some cars with the mirror tint but not on a focus. i just got mine tinted on valentines day but it not mirror tint

·
Registered
764 Posts
professional tint WILL NOT fade.
It is a cop magnet and a major fine in all states.
You wont talk your way out of it if you get pulled over. Youll have better chances with 5% tint than mirror tint.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hmm, thanks for a tip. ive seen several people in my area with it, i didnt know it was a big no-no.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts