Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been on here much the last couple of weeks becouse my Father in law was in a very bad accident. He is a semi-driver and we don't know for sure what happened, but he lost control of his rig, it jack knifed and he ran into a building. He crushed his ribs, punctured and collapsed both lungs, a rib punctured his heart, broke the T6 vertebre in his back, snapped his forearm, and has multiple abdominal (sp?) injuries.
Here is the miracle part, he was given less than a 1% chance of living and that tough son of gun is still with us. Everything happened perfect to give him a chance. A State Trooper was in the area, and was on the scene within 45 seconds. When he got to the emergency room his heart stopped. In a feak coincidence a heart surgeon happened to be in the emergency room, realized what was happening cracked him open and put his finger in the hole till it could be sutered. They said he would have bled to death in another minute or so. After all that they still said he had less than 1% chance of making it.
Now the outlook is good and he finally has been somewhat awake the last couple of days.[thumb]

Remember your life or a loved ones can change in a split second. Appreciate what you have!!

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Its great 2 hear he made it My best hopes to a good recovery

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Miracle is right. Glad your father is going to be okay. Stuff like that can be a real eye-opener.

A few years ago my grandfather was almost killed in a freak accident. His van had broken down on the road up to his house, and a flatbed tow truck came out to tow it. Some driver approaching them was distracted and aimed their vehicle right for the back of my grandpa's van on the shoulder of the road, the tow truck driver and my grandpa made a run for it, and my grandpa ended up getting pinned between his van and the tow truck when the distracted driver slammed into the van; because it was a flatbed tow truck the bed almost sliced one of his arms off and for that matter almost sliced him in half. Pretty scary stuff, he had to be transported by helicopter to the nearest hospital. Not long after that my grandparents sold that van and moved out of the mountains and back to someplace close to a hospital. [thumb]

Our family certainly considered it a miracle, and you're right, you appreciate family and friends more - you never know when things may change in life.

·
*~*
13,045 Posts
Sorry to hear. I got a question since my friend here at work had his brother do the same. Is your father brother's with Joe Kaminski? I tought maybe the same person, because Joe's brother was on abike and had the same thing happen to him, like a month ago or so. Just wondering. Good luck and sorry to hear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts