Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the "miracle fix" done on my 2013 focus's transmission last week. This is the solution Ford came up with for the transmission issues of the 2012, 2013, 2014 focus and fiesta transmission. No grinding, "stuttering", jerking, for 5 days. Today, it all started again. I drove a lot over the past week, trying to be sure the problem was actually resolved.

It's not. I now have an appointment at the dealer next week and I'm sure they have no idea what to do.

The manager said he's sure that I will not break down. That's all he cares about. I'm sitting with a car with less than 9000 miles on it, sounding like I'm dragging a muffler behind it.

I want out. I told him that he should start looking for a Fusion, which is what I planned to buy when I came in originally. He insisted this Focus is what I really wanted, and now I know why. He wanted it off his lot. I said he's going to have to buy it back from me, since I don't want it. He made his problem into my problem. Not good.

Any suggestions from any of you?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yes, do not buy from the same dealer. Always buy what you want not what they want to sell. you are the boss if they don't listen walk away.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to the MkIII TSB, recall & problems section, where you can find more info. on this subject.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
Welcome to the site.

Unfortunately, had you been an informed consumer when car shopping, you would have known that the Focus automatic transmission is actually a 6 Speed manual transmission and is operated electronically. It has two clutches internally (one clutch for gears 1,3,5, Reverse and the other for 2,4,6. My Focus has 55,XXX miles on it and I got the software update. The update has helped immensely! It can take up to 1,000 miles for the car to adapt to your driving habits. If there are more than one drive or if your commute varies greatly (a lot of switching from city to highway) it can take longer.

There are a few cars out there that got the update and may still need the clutch seals replaced. Your car may just be one of them. Ford did just extend the transmission warranty on these cars a few weeks ago up to 100,000 miles.

Remember, the dealership did not build or design that car. They happen to sell them. It is our jobs as consumers to be informed. Call Ford at 1-800-392-FORD and they can assist you and your dealer in this matter.

and for the record, I knew of the characteristics of this transmission when I bought mine. It has been fixed since my purchase and I love my car. Hence our site, Focus Fanatics.

I hope that Ford and your dealer can get your car to act like the other updated vehicles and for you to LOVE your Focus as we do ours.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I had the "miracle fix" done on my 2013 focus's transmission last week. This is the solution Ford came up with for the transmission issues of the 2012, 2013, 2014 focus and fiesta transmission. No grinding, "stuttering", jerking, for 5 days. Today, it all started again. I drove a lot over the past week, trying to be sure the problem was actually resolved.

It's not. I now have an appointment at the dealer next week and I'm sure they have no idea what to do.

The manager said he's sure that I will not break down. That's all he cares about. I'm sitting with a car with less than 9000 miles on it, sounding like I'm dragging a muffler behind it...
Welcome to the forum.

I want to check into some options. Please send me a private message with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

·
Registered
340 Posts
While I'm sorry to hear you're having the same problems again. Why did you let a dealer talk you out of what you had wanted originally?

·
Registered
813 Posts
3 times to fix the same problem = Lemon, keep your service receipts. I am and will be pursuing it with the Powershit transmission issues. I had the TSB applied last week, I heard some grinding today for the first time, suspect it's coming back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Meagan, I'm not sure how to send a PM on a forum. Please let me know if it's just by doing what I did now, clicking the "quick reply" button.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Meagan, I'm not sure how to send a PM on a forum. Please let me know if it's just by doing what I did now, clicking the "quick reply" button.
Personally I would not bother contacting the reps on here, I did right after buying my car and having issues, the rep made the dealer aware of the issue but they did not fix it and just stated it was "normal". Good luck though!

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Quick Reply posts publicly to the thread. NotReal's got it right. :) Click my username in the corner of this post and it'll give you a drop down menu. Click the one that says "Send a private message to FordService."

Jeanne, Press on the Fordservice http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/member.php?u=79824 name and choose the third option. It will send you to a new page. Enter a title and proceed with the message and details, good luck and remember ford loves us all. ;)) You can also press on that link.^
Thank you!

Meagan

·
Registered
195 Posts
Welcome to the site.

Unfortunately, had you been an informed consumer when car shopping, you would have known that the Focus automatic transmission is actually a 6 Speed manual transmission and is operated electronically. It has two clutches internally (one clutch for gears 1,3,5, Reverse and the other for 2,4,6. My Focus has 55,XXX miles on it and I got the software update. The update has helped immensely! It can take up to 1,000 miles for the car to adapt to your driving habits. If there are more than one drive or if your commute varies greatly (a lot of switching from city to highway) it can take longer.

There are a few cars out there that got the update and may still need the clutch seals replaced. Your car may just be one of them. Ford did just extend the transmission warranty on these cars a few weeks ago up to 100,000 miles.

Remember, the dealership did not build or design that car. They happen to sell them. It is our jobs as consumers to be informed. Call Ford at 1-800-392-FORD and they can assist you and your dealer in this matter.

and for the record, I knew of the characteristics of this transmission when I bought mine. It has been fixed since my purchase and I love my car. Hence our site, Focus Fanatics.

I hope that Ford and your dealer can get your car to act like the other updated vehicles and for you to LOVE your Focus as we do ours.
a few cars? a few wouldnt warrant an extension on the parts. I was one of those cars that needed the seals and clutch replaced. Guess what....15k later i need them done again. Unfortunately until it is consistently grinding and shuddering i get to keep driving the piece of crap. I should be enjoying my new purchase, instead I am intermittently struck with the frustration of this piece grinding and jerking and shuddering. Then im struck with the frustration of the dealership telling me that since their hp pavilion says everything is ok.....Im just crazy. Why the hell would i drive 50 miles to the dealership if nothing was wrong? One of the worst buying experiences ive had in a long time. Jeanne all i can say is get out of it if you can. It will save you the random heart palpitations when your driving and all the sudden the car sounds like someone just threw a handful of screws at the front of ur car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts