Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 ford focus that came with the 6006 cd changer. I recently replaced my HU with the blaupunkt and followed the wiring instructions that are found on here. The radio works perfectly except for one minor problem. When i turn off the car, the radio completely turns off and loses all power. So the clock has to reset itself when i turn on the car again. Is there a way to have power going to the radio even if the car battery is off? Is it possible to have the radio working even if i dont turn the car battery on, just like the 6006 which will turn on for like an hour without the key in?

Thanks

·
Registered
433 Posts
Check the connections. I had the Blaupunkt stock in my car. It sounds like you (maybe being a mistake in the thread) have the remote wire and constant 12v wires reversed. I know that the when you replace the Blaupunkt with an aftermarket unit, you have to switch the 12v constant and the remote when you wire the wiring adapter to the head unit harness.

This would make sense because if the remote and constant are switched, you have power when the key is on and them when you turn off the key, the main power to the head unit is shut off causing it to look the you unplugged the battery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts