Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any MN Focus Fanatics around?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet! Nice ride. The snow is all too familiar right now. What part of the state are you in? I'm in the south metro. Do you know anything about auto - x in this area. I found the site and I see we are in the Land O Lakes division. I haven't contacted them yet.
It is going to be way too long until spring/summer. I guess this site will have to fill some time. LOL

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yep, I am in Minnesota and a Ford Focus owner. I am the lucky and proud owner of a mint 2001 Ford Focus ZX3 S2 Edition in Sangria Red. I can't believe they only made 3,000 of these babies. I see SVT's alot and every other Focai on the road except any S2's. It is all stock, as I've only owned the car for a couple of months now. No pictures... Yet.

I absolutely cannot wait to drive my car when it is NICE AND WARM OUT! Since I have not been able to since I bought it. I know this will be an awesome and fun car to drive this summer. [thumb] This snow shit is getting really old.

I do want to mod the car, I need to read up more and talk to a good buddy of mine who owns a 1999 Ford-Steeda Mustang GT who would be able to help me with perforamnce/mod part choices/installation, etc.

I do want to get some nice seat covers for my S2. I wouldn't mind seat covers that look and feel...(mmmmmm) like the Focus SVT seats.. (Fat chance I know...).

Are there any decent shops around the metro for Focai enthusiasts such as myself?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nickles

P.S. Here is what mine looks like exactly. This S2 pictured is a manual transmission. Mine, however is a automatic. I can't wait to drive in weather as nice as what's in this picture. ~NSF

·
Registered
159 Posts
I thought you liked us over at MNFOC HotRodWagon ;)

I'm up in Duluth (I actually live in Superior, WI but don't tell anyone) and have had my Focus for almost 2 years. I'm currently in the process of doing a euro conversion to the exterior and building a custom turbo setup. My car's a mess right now but hopefully I'll have it back up to show quality by mid-late June. Here's a picture of what my car looked like May of last year..

I'd like to invite you Minnesota guys over to the Minnesota Focus Owners Club. Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules by doing so. Our site is www.mnfoc.net and we have a meet coming up this weekend. Hope to see some of you guys there. =)

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I'm in Minot ND but I'm from Duluth MN and go back alot. I would like to meet up someday. Nice to see Duluth people on the fourm. I'll check out the web page.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I'm Originally from Minnesota, I lived there through the summer of 2002. I graduated from White Bear Lake High School. I moved down to Iowa to go to Iowa State university, but I still spend quite a bit of time in the Twin cities. If you put together a G2G up there, I'd probably come...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well, I might as well post.

Here is my baby.

Here is one of the things that makes my car so fun.

Custom made turbo kit:
stainless manifold
t3 super 60, with stage 3 wheels
2 1/2" stainless downpipe
Custom made front mount intercooler
stainless steel piping
greddy type s bov
turbonetics deltagate
42 lbs injectors
70 mm pro-m maf
Fordchip dyno tuned re-flash
Custom sized K&N air filter

tru-bendz 3" flex&cat back(soon to be installed)
Clutchmasters stage IV(soon to be installed)
quaife lsd(soon to be installed)
J&S safeguard, with remote monitor(soon to be installed)

progress lowering springs
s2 struts and shocks
15" Rota slipstreams(flat black)
Falken azenis

Kaminari front bumper
svt rear bumper
carbon fiber hood
stock focus lights, painted to look like svt's

Reverse indaglow gauges
vdo boost gauge
steeda tri-ax shifter

·
Registered
816 Posts
Awesome car CleanZX3!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am looking for a qualified mechanic in the Minneapolis St.Paul area to install a JRSC on my 2003 svt. Any Minnesota folks have a recommendation? Yes another newbee on FF. I live in St. Paul.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Sweet I live in MN and was wondering if anyone else did, thats cool. Im all up for a g2g. Be cool to meet some people in the area.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey from the south Im from by Northfield whats this about mn owners club I would love to go to a meeting I have no one to talk to about my car "Or no one cares that I do talk to" Any body want to know how to get FREE car wash from Kwik Trip?

·
Registered
69 Posts
yay for minnesota, I'm in the western burbs and lookin for qualified mech too!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts