Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a Plymouth voyager and Ive seen it's engine and it looks no bigger than a focus'. He says he might let me have it cause he's getting rid of the car anyway. I want to pu the voyager engine in place of mine. Anyone know anything abou this? I would think that it'd be awesome power gains seeing as how his van is like around 200hp with a ton or torque, so since my car is so much smaller than a minivan, i think it'd be huge gains! Any thoughts? or advice?

·
Registered
816 Posts
I don't know if it will work, cause I don't know too much about that kind of thing. But if you were to get it to work, you would need to build your tranny to take the extra power. (I'm assuming it's an auto from your signature)

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
let's see: an engine which undoubtedly won't bolt to your tranny, will probably not fit, will require extensive modification, uses software and hardware that's not ford's, and will probably throw off your weight ratio trmendously? yey! why not? and add to that the fact that chrysler engines (actually, they're usually mitsu engines), have a tendency to blow up and have faced numerous recalls. woo-hoo! let the fun begin.

sorry, the sarcasm bug gets me sometimes. if you want, try doingsome research on the V6 swap from a contour. it's been done before with impressive results.

Mike

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
speaking of mitsubishi blowing up i have a friend with i beleive an 02 eclipse with about 35,000 miles and is on his 3rd motor in the car.

·
Registered
95 Posts
One more on the Mitsu engine!!! I just bought a SVTF because my eclipse just threw a rod completely through the engine block. Sucked bad and I was in the middle of nowhere and 8 hours away from anybody that could come to pick me up.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
It uses the 6g72 engine that is in Galants, Stealths, new Eclipses, Avengers, Sebrings, & more. Its a 16 valve SOHC 3.0 V6 in the minivan. The 24 valve 6g72 engine is in newer Galants & Eclipses. The reverse mounted DOHC 24 valve is in Stealths/3000gts with a blowdryer. The SOHC 16 valve was also used in the awesome Mitsubishi Mighty Max. Theres some irrelavent information I thought everyone should know.
I think doing this swap would probably cost more money than a 5.0 swap & it would be a mother of a task. Whiteboyslo said it best.

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
yah why in the hell would u put a shitty motor in u'r car? seriosly :)

·
Registered
829 Posts
why dont you put the ford 3.8 in your focus instead? think of all the torque you would have right up until your head gasket leaks for the umpteenth time. and while your at it throw some suspension parts from a '91 continental in there and see what that will do! i wont mince any words....putting a chrysler minivan engine in a focus would be IDIOTIC! not to mention thankfully impossible!

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
If you want a V6 just go to ZX3tuning.com and checkout their project car. It can be doen but you would be better off with a 2.5 DURATEC out of a Contou/Mystique/Cougar

·
Registered
17 Posts
nope, mitsu in a focus. Try a 2.5 or 3.0 duratec but even there you'll need a different bellhouding. The v-8 coversion would easier to do than the minivan motor swap... If you had a omni well maybe....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts