Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys what's up i was looking for a forum that would answer my question but didn't find i had an idea of putting the svt 2.0 zetec head on my 2.3 engine is that a good idead and would that work please provide me with answers thanx

·
Registered
353 Posts
Two completely different families of engines, will not work. The Duratec and Zetec have nothing to do with each other. The D23 you have already outflows any Zetec (even the SVT) and is the better flowing head out of the Duratecs that came in our cars. Your 2.3 head would be an upgrade for my 2.0 Duratec. Even the 2.0 Duratec head outflows the SVT iirc. Do tune, basic bolt-ons such as header, exhaust, cai, cams, etc. and you will be far surpassing a stock SVT in power.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Even if the main head bolts lined up, nothing else would match.

It's a very basic mis-match when you look at it, one with belt drive cams & one with chain drive.

Works as well as putting MkIII 5 bolt rims on MkI 4 bolt hubs - heck, not even that well as the MkI hubs could be redrilled for 5 bolt use & the head would need to be melted down & re-cast to match the duratec.

yelowhatch covered the advantages of what you've got already. As a few have proved through extensive testing the 2.3 head is NOT a limiting factor in it's stock condition.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Add a header, mild pr of cams & tune. A great cheap mod is the bsd= balance shaft delete.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea thanx guys my plan is to add k&n cai, cfm throttle body, cossworth intake manifold , stage 1 cams, fswerks headers, and fswerks racing exhaust ,and of course a tune, I already have bsd and no backseats or spare but problem is tranny shifter broke :confused:

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Time to get a Steeda sts^^^^

1 - 7 of 7 Posts