So, after almost a year of having her SRI intake on, Ruth finally got her filter all cleaned and re-oiled. A good amount of crud came out, and with the purchase of a K&N recharge kit, it is looking good as new! New tires are on the way momentarily...
Had to dig deep into the archives to find this one again. Almost tempted not to keep it updated.
Anywho, Ruth was plagued by the leaky side marker light. Has been happening off and on for awhile now, but this time was the last straw. Not only did water fry the bulb, but also the socket and connector. New parts are on the way for those. So, I sealed up the light with some general silicon caulk, and hopefully it won't bother me in the future. All of this work prepping for Focus Fest!
Phew, talk about an oldie thread here. More than a few things have changed since I've last posted an update on here, so hopefully I remember them all!
- SVT EAP Recaro seats front and rear
- Sony touchscreen head unit
- Added another 10" Cerwin-Vega subwoofer (2 total, ported box)
- Replaced all 4 door speakers with 6x8 Cerwin-Vega 2 ways
- Focus Sport short ram intake with heat shield (basically just an FSWERKS Cool-Flo)
- Massive Speed System rear disc brake conversion
- brand new SVT shocks and struts with H&R Sport springs
- SVT rear sway bar with polyurethane bushings/end links
- SVT mirrors
- SVT front bumper with Mach 1 lip (currently getting painted)
- Euro upper grille
- Euro roof rack
- Custom retrofitted headlights from Jeff Bosse (SPIinDisguise here on the forum)
- Shorty exhaust header (heat wrapped)
- FSWERKS 93 octane custom tune via SCT X4
I'm currently in the process of gathering the bits/pieces to swap it over to a manual transmission. I have just about everything I need besides a few clutch related components, a starter, and wiring. Other than that I have everything else, including a transmission! I'm super excited to get on the project, and finally having some gears to row. Hopefully I can start on it late fall/early Winter (since I don't drive it at that time anymore) and get it all done before springtime. I don't think it would be a hard goal to reach, I just have to take my time to make sure everything is done right. I don't want to be chasing gremlins for years to come when right now the car has none. Who knows, we will see what happens!
Here starts build thread V2...pictures and less chatter I hope. While staying on topic.
LETS GET TO IT!!
So Betsy was bought back in February of 2012, and was the first car I owner myself. She is a 2002 Ford Focus Se and had 24,000 miles on her when I first bought her. It was a grocery getter...
Here‘s my 2011. Received it last year with only 20,000mi, all original. I reckon no one wanted to see a bone stock SE sedan with two years of unwashed pollen on it, seven hornets nests in all the door/trunk/hood gaps, and absolutely zero panache so let’s jump right to it’s current iteration...
I just bought a 2000 Ford Focus SE wagon I got it for a cheap price of $400 it has a cracked thermostat housing and a bad heater core and I'm thinking of fixing it . I've been looking at some turbos and a few replacement parts to make her a sleeper
3 new photos by Robert Kirby