Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Miles, and everyone else.

I was shopping around on tirerack and saw the asa ar3 rims for my focus, the off set looks close enough to stock my stock svt rims that have seen better days. My concern was the quality of the wheel, i tried to google some reviews and could not find anything. Do you happen to know anything good or bad about them or a suggestion for a better rim? I need something sturdy as the MD/Nova roads tend to be crap and i have replaced 3 stocks arleady and tore up a set of aftermarkets.

Thanks in advance.
Tj

·
Registered
190 Posts
Awesome question. ASA has kind of an interesting history. They were originally mentored by BBS who are one of the more renowned wheel makers with a rep for extreme durability (well more than any country requires). The companies parted ways in 2005ish but ASA still uses a lot of the techniques they learned from BBS. I would classify them above an entry level brand and in my mind they are even a little better than comparable companies due to the pressure casting and grade aluminum they use. Really the only stronger wheels are going to be the high end Enkei MAT and OZ HLT wheels or the super high end forged wheels from BBS, HRE, and OZ.

I hope this info is helpful. It's all to say that, in my opinion, this is a great manufacturer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts