Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just checked my mileage for the first time on my pzev 5spd. i have i think 500 plus miles (im not sure, i was too busy cranking to alanis) and i got 27.25 for my first check. when i bought it the dealer filled the tank with like 50 miles, so this was the first chance i had for a true check. i dont think thats bad for an engine not even broke in yet. i have mostly been babying it, i can count on one hand the times ive been over 4 grand. tonight coming home after work i just slid by traffic including a sts caddy. i hit 85 without even trying. everytime i do that i wonder why everyone needs 400 horsepower? this car is the epitome of smoothness and solidity, there is not a better car out there for the money bar NONE![thumb]

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yeah, I babied mine for the first three grand (with rare excedption). At this point, I drive a little faster and I tend to let it rev a little higher. Never over 4 grand, unless I'm really trying to haul (i.e. when the Civic si guy that lives somewhere around here tries to start another race with me). It's just a fun car to drive, from any perspective. As far as tossing 400hp auto's to the wind? Hell no! I still love being slammed around by the engine. Nothing will replace that feeling I got the first time my dad let me drive his big-block '57 Impala.

Anyway, the focus is definitely the best compromise between fuel economy, purchase-cost and fun factor.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
spapadillion i agree. my point on the 400hp cars was simply, most people on the road today cant handle the power they already have, so why give them any more? i have seen many performance cars driven by people that drive like old ladies, stopping on green arrows, braking on the highway to merge! etc. basically no one out there understands smoothness, its either the gas pedal all the way down or the brake pedal all the way down! its a joke, and i dont think people need any more power, they just have to learn how to drive with the power they already have.

·
Registered
875 Posts
teddyrob said:
well i just checked my mileage for the first time on my pzev 5spd. i have i think 500 plus miles (im not sure, i was too busy cranking to alanis) and i got 27.25 for my first check.
I just finished my first tank of gas as well, and can report basically the same mileage: 27.16mpg. Cheers!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have had my pzev for about 3 months now and am already up to 9,000 miles [:(] . My trip to work is 75 miles one way. I am getting about 25 mpg, on an average. I haven't noticed an increase or decrease since she was new. I admit, I do drive the car kinda hard...why not? Can't let those foreign cars beat you....right?

·
Registered
875 Posts
laloggia said:
I have had my pzev for about 3 months now and am already up to 9,000 miles [:(] . My trip to work is 75 miles one way. I am getting about 25 mpg, on an average. I haven't noticed an increase or decrease since she was new. I admit, I do drive the car kinda hard...why not? Can't let those foreign cars beat you....right?
Right.

I see we live fairly close to one another...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts