Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Midwing, vote away.....

• Keep it (retape and reinstall)

Votes: 81 49.7%
  • Remove it (and toss it to the chimichangas)

Votes: 82 50.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it was a super hot day outside today and I noticed something when I was washing my car. The 3M two sided tape is starting to pull away from the midwing and the hatch on my car on the right side. Basically I will need to remove the midwing and retape it or maybe just remove the midwing for good.

Please vote on the poll, and take a good look at my car cause I already know the 'issue' with midwings so don't vote for that, vote for the look on my car (if that makes sense)....

To remove or not to remove.....

Found the pic below, same color, same S2, same bodykit but without the midwing (different rims though but whatever, give you an idea of what it would look like without).

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I voted 'keep it'. I think it just flows well with the kit. W/o it looks okay. So 'keep it'[thumb]

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lil PZEV said:
WTF, toss it to the chimichangas? [???:)] Is this a Canadian saying?![;)]
I think it's somewhat mexican, some guy told me to do that a LONG time ago when I first got on FF...... sorta stuck in my mind....lol

Oh yeah, I have zero problem retaping it. It's not all that hard to do and the side two pieces are very much stuck on. I just have to remove the middle piece, retape and reinstall.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
i say keep,it just seems to "flow" with all the elements of your car. the car without it just looks too plain

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
i say keep it. Looks clean, and flows well with the car. i didnt know those things were only held on with 3M tape. how long did it last before it started peeling ?

·
Registered
294 Posts
I've never really understood or liked midwings. But... I've grown accustomed to seeing it on your car, so I voted 'keep it'.

·
Registered
703 Posts
hmm, when i installed my midwing, the directions sad to bolt it to the car so i took apart the inside panels and had to drill holes, so mine is stuck on forever!

But i voted keep it!

-Brian

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DaZeDFoCuS said:
hmm, when i installed my midwing, the directions sad to bolt it to the car so i took apart the inside panels and had to drill holes, so mine is stuck on forever!

But i voted keep it!

-Brian
Yeah some are required to bolt on (I know the ebay ones and I believe the Cervinis one are bolt ons. There are so many different types out there. I know the Wings West one was designed to just use the 3M tape.

What kind do you got? Curious? Also I didn't want to drill though the hatch cause if I ever wanted to remove it or something, you'd have to fill the holes and repaint (costly).

·
Registered
703 Posts
S2 said:
Yeah some are required to bolt on (I know the ebay ones and I believe the Cervinis one are bolt ons. There are so many different types out there. I know the Wings West one was designed to just use the 3M tape.

What kind do you got? Curious? Also I didn't want to drill though the hatch cause if I ever wanted to remove it or something, you'd have to fill the holes and repaint (costly).
i got mine off Ebay about 2 years ago. WW at the time wanted like 2 or $300, so i found one off ebay for $150 with shipping. If yu look REALLY close, it doesnt line up to WW quality the way it would, but it looks awesome anyways. Cant tell unless i told ya.

Yeh, i wish i thought of 3M taping it, if i ever wanted to take it off. But since i like it a lot, i dont plan on takin it off any time soon. If i wasnt so lazy, id post a pic, but i dont got any good ones....

-Brian

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I checked around for some pricing on that 3M tape, my gawd!!! That stuff is expensive!! For a roll which should be just enough for me to finish retaping my midwing, it'll cost me around $60 (CDN) so about $45-$50USD...... that's for the actual 3M brand and I would go with that since it's definitely very reputable and takes ALOT to come off.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
yah s2 that tape is expensive i had to pick some up for my side skirts and it cost me 30 some bucks for a small roll, btw i voted keep it. makes it different

1 - 20 of 88 Posts